Avid C side mt radiator complete NEW

7 posts in this topic

Posted

For sale ,Used cowling, new radiator, mt bracket, scoop etc

Posted

Is there any performance reasons everyone switched to the center mounted radiator and cowling systems? The problem with most cowls being sold is location. They don't ship cheap and gas to drive and pick them up ends up costing as much if not more than the asking price of the cowl. You think being in Iowa I'd be close to one.

Posted

You can still ship a large light box fairly reasonably if you use Greyhound shipping.  I bought a cowl from a guy in Washington state and shipping cost was something like $75.  The box was about 30" x 36"x48"  in size.  Greyhound says their height limit is 29" but they squished down the box enough to fit.  And Cloud Dancer, check your private messages, cause I'm sending you one.  JImChuk

Posted

You can still ship a large light box fairly reasonably if you use Greyhound shipping.  I bought a cowl from a guy in Washington state and shipping cost was something like $75.  The box was about 30" x 36"x48"  in size.  Greyhound says their height limit is 29" but they squished down the box enough to fit.  And Cloud Dancer, check your private messages, cause I'm sending you one.  JImChuk

My next question is where is the nearest Greyhound bus station? I'm guessing you have to pick it up at a near station? I have not been inside a Greyhound bus station since the early 70's. The greyhound site has a terrible search engine for their bus stations. I'm sure there's one within an hour or so drive but they must hide them as I've never casually seen one in decades.

Posted

shipgreyhound.com/e/pages/FindLocation.aspx
Take a look at this link or copy and paste it if that's the way it shows up.  Don't know your zipcode, or I would have found it for you.  With the last cowl I had shipped to me, I was expecting to have to drive to Duluth which is about 75 miles away.  They told me that they made a stop in Virginia (25 miles away) and I could just meet the bus there, and get it.  After tying the box down in the back of my truck, I headed for home, and who is in front of me but the bus I had just met.   He ended up going within about 5 miles of my house.  I bet I could have met him in Chisholm, if I had  just known.   This all might be harder for someone shipping out instead of receiving, but I know I'll ask more questions if I ever have to ship a large box.  

Posted

Another way of shipping is Fastenal,  I ship the whole avid frame  to a fellow out west and I think it was 150 or 200 bucks don't quote me 

Posted

shipgreyhound.com/e/pages/FindLocation.aspx
Take a look at this link or copy and paste it if that's the way it shows up.  Don't know your zipcode, or I would have found it for you.  With the last cowl I had shipped to me, I was expecting to have to drive to Duluth which is about 75 miles away.  They told me that they made a stop in Virginia (25 miles away) and I could just meet the bus there, and get it.  After tying the box down in the back of my truck, I headed for home, and who is in front of me but the bus I had just met.   He ended up going within about 5 miles of my house.  I bet I could have met him in Chisholm, if I had  just known.   This all might be harder for someone shipping out instead of receiving, but I know I'll ask more questions if I ever have to ship a large box.  

That's a much better site than their regular bus line site I was hunting on. The closest to me is Cedar Rapids, Iowa with the Dubuque, Iowa location being just a couple of miles farther.

Here's the information from their site on package size and weight limit:

What are your package weight and size restrictions?

The maximum weight per package is 100 pounds. The maximum dimensions that we can accommodate are 29" H x 47" W x 82" L.