Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

912 install on KF4 prep/planning/pictures/advice

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys, I could use some advice on installing a 912 on my KF4.

I'm getting ready to upgrade to a 912 on my KF4-1200 and am getting all the parts and bits together to do the install. 

I've got a brand new round cowl two piece, oversized aluminum radiator, motor mount, EMS and Luga 70" swept 3 blade.

The 912 is being built by Hal and getting the zipper 105hp cylinders installed along with a slipper clutch. It's comming with a Kitfox oil cooler and oil reservoir tank. 

The big thing that I'm missing is the exhaust. Prefer to not spend $1500 on a new one from KF so I've been looking around for a used exhaust. I've got a tig welder but am not very good at welding so I am hesitant to weld up my own as my first real welding project. Much rather get a used exhaust that needs repair but fits the KF4 round cowl properly. 

Also looking for some pictures of other KF4's 912 installation and any advice that would help.

Thanks guys, really looking forward to upgrading engines. 

Posted

This was mine.

Kitfox engine 4.JPG

Kitfox engine 6.JPG

Kitfox engine 1.JPG

Kitfox engine mount 3.JPG

Kitfox engine mount.JPG

3 people like this

Posted

Thanks, good pics!

Does anyone know if the stock oil tank will work in the motor mount or if you have to get a Kitfox specific oil tank? 

Posted

It is the stock oil tank if you have the stock mount.

Posted

The latest tanks are too tall to fit without shortening, I had to reuse my old tank which doesn't appear to be modified. I guess rotax may have enlarged these tanks for extra capacity?