Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

SOLD FS 912ULS Avid 60HRS TT

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

It's time to sell the Avid Bought by my father in 1990 and stored shortly after for 20 years. I bought the kit in 2011 and received A/W in 2014.  Serial number 846 which makes it a model C but has many MKIV upgrades including the baggage compartment and dual wingtanks.  I raised the roof during construction to give an additional 3" of headroom and extended the aerobatic speedwings.

Painted with Stewart Systems Ekopoly

mid 90's 912ULS with approx. 350HRS since new. Engine was inspected at LEAF when I bought it. (have log book entry)

Ivo medium 3 blade prop

Dynon D60 

Garmin GTR 225 com.

Garmin GTX327 Transponder

EIS4000 engine monitor

PS engineering intercom

AeroLed Nav/strobe and LED landing light

Cabin heat supplied by engine coolant

Upgraded Matco master cylinders and brake pedal geometry

ACK406 ELT

Electric trim

Full interior with sale (not installed) including fiberglass pan seat and sling seat.

It's configured as a tri-gear currently but has a set of taildragger main gear with taller tires and a Matco 6" pneumatic tailwheel included that were installed and flown briefly.  The conversion also received FAA approval and has the proper logbook entry to switch the gear anytime. 

Tow-bar for short distances and full set of wing braces included

$29,500  Best contact at tnoble22@yahoo.com

Travis

20180916_121144 (Copy).jpg

20180916_121207 (Copy).jpg

20180916_121228 (Copy).jpg

20180916_121317 (Copy).jpg

20180916_121353 (Copy).jpg

Edited by birddog486
add info
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Really nice looking plane and nice panel. You shouldn't have any problem finding a happy buyer.

I already have 3 Avids so not in the market, but curious what empty weight is. My fat Avid is 700 lb empty. I'm guessing you are at 640-660? Also curious what cruise is at 6 GPM fuel flow.  I assume you have fuel flow with the EIS? 

Six GPM in my Fat Avid tri gear with under camber wing, 21 inch mains and 600 X 6 nose wheel is 100 MPH plus or minus. I bet with the narrower fuse, smaller tires and speed wing, it really gets up and moves along. 

Edited by ChrisBolkan

Posted

Thanks Chris. I didn't use certified scales when it was weighed but I came up with 667. As far as gas goes I assume you mean 6 GPH? If so I don't have the fuel flow option installed but, if I remember correctly for flight planning purposes I was burning under 5 gph at 52-5300rpm and cruising mid 90's.

Travis

Posted

Good looking Avid, nice job! Surely would have generated attention if parked at the OSH UL field for the week last month. Between the KFs, Just As, Aerotreks etc, Avid representation felt a little light this year.

Posted

Yes of course I meant GPH! Sorry for the confusion.

That's interesting. I am in the 90's at 5 GPH too but when I give her more gas she just doesn't go too much faster :-)