Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

84KF pictures

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Just thought I'd put something in the Kitfox V section.

Here is N84KF with a 912 UL.  38 hrs total aircraft flight time so far. All is well, except the pilot side door kept opening in flight above 80 mph or so. Makes for a nice view, but I don't need the distraction of instant air conditioning.

The stock latch seems fine, just not enough "grab" over the square bottom fuselage door frame.

Temp fix was to take the tumblers out of the door lock so the lock latch finger can be operated (turned) from the inside and rotate to the "lock" position.

I will probably get to putting some blue trim paint on it later this summer. My dad's old P-51D 39th Fighter Squadron, 35th Fighter Group had blue on the nose and tail so I might go with something like that after a bit more research.  (no stars 'n bars giong on the tail though)

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/1999/12/stuff_eng_profile_mustang1.htm

steve

9_steve_009_JPG44bb8184bce434327421ae041

11_steve_008_JPG167a944007c5e262aa7afd14

Posted

She looks too clean... Bring it up here and we can dirty it up for ya lol...Hit a few nice fishing holes I know of and it will knock the white down do a nice tan color.  Does not blind you quite as bad in the sun.  I wish I had the 912 in mine.. I will make do with the 582 for now.

Posted

love the bump cowl..the 5 I'm buying has the smooth cowl..eventually I want to get the bump

Posted

Tell you what Pirate, I'll trade you the FWF from the Mangy Fox for your Smooth Cowl FWF...

(For the record, you're nuts.   :wacko: )

Posted

I didn't see that you posted this Larry ,..so the 4 nose and 5 nose are interchangeable?

Posted

No, the series 5 cowl is too large for a series 4 without a lot of hacking. It would, however, fit my wider Avid+ almost perfectly and the graphics would be a keeper!

Posted (edited)

Chase,

I've got a Kitfox 2 bump cowl sitting here - If you want to come over and bring your cowl, you are welcome to compare them to see if an earlier cowl would fit - Mine is with the Kitfox 1 clone that I have for sale - so I'm not selling it separately.

I also have a smooth cowl, but it may not be the same as yours.

I don't honestly think that the earlier bump cowls will fit the 912? :huh:

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I use to own a model 2 i know it wont fit the 5 , i will stick with the smooth cowl for now , but i do plan on visiting you Ed :) got a friend that im trying to get interested in building a model 1-3

Posted (edited)

I use to own a model 2 i know it wont fit the 5 , i will stick with the smooth cowl for now , but i do plan on visiting you Ed :) got a friend that im trying to get interested in building a model 1-3

Let me know - I've got a cheap-start for a model 1, or it can be modified to model 3, or 4 Gw, and lots of the parts are already made. Just bring some cash and a pickup or trailer......

EDMo

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Let me know - I've got a cheap-start for a model 1, or it can be modified to model 3, or 4 Gw, and lots of the parts are already made. Just bring some cash and a pickup or trailer......

EDMo

What?? you don't deliver? lol just kidding :)

Posted

What?? you don't deliver? lol just kidding :)

I cant even get it down from my 13 foot ceiling without help - plan on half a day finding parts too -Yes, I can deliver, but the price goes sky-high! :lol:

EDMO