Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Fishing Spot

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've been wanting to get out to this fish stream that we fly by on the way to our sheep hunting spot so my hunting partner and I finally made it out there today.  The stream was loaded with salmon but nothing fresh to keep (I realized when I got home that I didn't take any pictures of them stacked in the pools) but we had fun catching and releasing them, exploring the area and checking out the tracks of the locals.  It's always neat landing a new spot; in the picture it looks long and wide but in reality this one has about 400' usable and had to clear the brush on both ends.  The dimensions are a little easier to judge on Danny's takeoff roll.  Both of us were pretty heavy with fuel and gear so it was one of those you had to nail your landing on.  A beautiful fun day to go find fish where there is nobody else,... well, except for a few bear and wolves.

DSCN3527-1.jpg

DSCN3529-1.jpg

DSCN3532-1.jpg

DSCN3535-1.jpg

DSCN3536-1.jpg

DSCN3537-1.jpg

DSCN3538-1.jpg

DSCN3539-1.jpg

DSCN3540-1.jpg

DSCN3541-1.jpg

DSCN3551-1.jpg

DSCN3553-1.jpg

Edited by SuberAvid
8 people like this

Posted

Looks like an awesome spot mr!  Got 31s on the pacer Sunday morning before we flew the wounded warriors.  It wont do a 400' strip though.

:BC:

Posted

Good deal,  At least you won't get stuck in the sand.

1 person likes this