Curtis Drains

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I need to replace the curtis drains on my Mark IV. Does anyone happen to know what I need to order. The auto o-rings I installed are not working. Every time I check fuel they drip. It's annoying. I'd like to get something that I could replace the o-ring in when they need it. 

Posted

I believe mine are CA-1550, same as on my Cherokee.  They take a square o-ring.  My mechanic replaces the o-rings, but I don't trust them, since they aren't the same.  I give him my 'cores' after I replace them.  They last several years, and hey, aviation is expensive.  I don't cut corners on anything that involves fuel or sparks.

Mark

1 person likes this

Posted

It's pretty easy to just replace the o-ring. Check out the or ring store in Clarkston Wa. I've gotten any o-ring any size any material that I have ever wanted. Saved a bundle on Lockwood prices and they deliver fast!

Posted

It's pretty easy to just replace the o-ring. Check out the or ring store in Clarkston Wa. I've gotten any o-ring any size any material that I have ever wanted. Saved a bundle on Lockwood prices and they deliver fast!

Did that. The first time I tried to drain fuel from them they leaked for an hour. I'm selling the plane so its getting new (rebuildable) ones so I dont pass a problem onto the next owner,