Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Draco crash at Reno today (9/16/2019)

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Draco lost the battle with a crosswind on takeoff at Reno today.  Below is an Instagram link to the video. You'll probably need an Instagram account to view it, but I couldn't find it anywhere else:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2evgekhFz4/?igshid=asn3piioy4yx&fbclid=IwAR20wlWR2bTvfM6Ux3FvQCyzktASQmdvSWk4eBzKsP1hkHxOg-RyOphteag

Posted

That just hurts. Glad to hear these injuries were minor. 

Posted

so he didn't do the stol drags because insurance wanted 40+k to insure him for the event.. then this.  I have mixed feelings on this one so I will keep my mouth shut.  Still sucks to see a plane balled up.

Posted

That really sucks! But I'll stay quiet, also.

Posted

Taking it like a man.  No excuses.  Gotta respect that.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Wow... A shame but they are lucky.

Edited by Fly-n-Low

Posted

He moved up a few notches in my book with that video..  Its pretty damn refreshing to see one take full responsibility, then to post it for others to hopefully learn from.

6 people like this

Posted

He moved up a few notches in my book with that video..  Its pretty damn refreshing to see one take full responsibility, then to post it for others to hopefully learn from.

I agree, he told it straight. Probably a lot of pilots would have tried a few excuses. And yet we still hear tales of flying in 30-40 mph winds, so makes me raise an eyebrow when someone tells me about taking off and flying home in 30 mph winds. A friend was sitting at the end of the runway in Charleston, WV in a 172 and a gust flipped him upside down. So it happens to experienced pilots and newbies alike.