Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Yamaha RX1 conversion Process

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone know where I can buy a new Rotax C gearbox?

Posted

They stopped making them a few years back. When everyone heard they were stopping production everyone (including me) ran out and bough the last ones. You can still buy new internal parts. You will have to look for a good used one. 

Posted

Yep I bought a new one for a spare too.  Not willing to sell it at this point but if I were looking for one now I'd buy a used one and send it to Tony (link below) and have him put a new 3.47 gearset in, spec it out and do new bearings and seals.  He is an an authorized rotax service center.

Brad this is where you get that TMR 400 clutch too (if you choose this route)

http://tm-racing.ca/

Posted

Thank you both. Teal Jenkins has a c box, Skytrax adapter, and rk400 clutch that actually belong to one of his customers. I talked to him, he gave me a price, and I am seriously considering making the purchase. The components are claimed to be new, and Teal seems like a trustworthy guy. If I buy these components, I should be good to go.. I think.

2 people like this

Posted

Thank you both. Teal Jenkins has a c box, Skytrax adapter, and rk400 clutch that actually belong to one of his customers. I talked to him, he gave me a price, and I am seriously considering making the purchase. The components are claimed to be new, and Teal seems like a trustworthy guy. If I buy these components, I should be good to go.. I think.

Teal is a great guy to deal with. I highly recommend him and you can trust anything he claims. 

1 person likes this

Posted

That's good to here. He seems like a trustworthy guy.

Posted

Does anyone have a lead on either a RX-1 (with EFI) mount or plans for one for a MK IV?

Posted

Does anyone have a lead on either a RX-1 (with EFI) mount or plans for one for a MK IV?

yeah we have a guy that built a jig for the avid: