Howdee from AR

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi, my name is Jared, I'm 18 with a little over 100hrs to my name with mostly C-150 time, and recently bought a Kitfox 4 with a 912ul, and 500hrs total time.  I  have put 15hrs on it since I got it in late July, and I can't get enough of it. One of the first things I did with it, was replace the little 16" tires with a set of Nanco 21's which are so much smoother on the grass. When I started looking for a avid/kitfox I knew (I thought) I didn't want a speed wing because I was going more for STOL and not speed, so I past up a lot airplanes with the short wing "UNTIL" I saw this one. The price was right so, I decided to go look at it, and I flew it around and looked it over, and was pretty impressed with the performance of it, so I decided I would buy it and if I didn't like it I could sell it and get my money back out of it, but the more I fly it the more I like it, and I think I'll be keeping it for a while. 

So I am now seeking advice from fellow Kitfox flyers on owning and maintaining a Kitfox.

20190924_181229.jpg

20190921_102820.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

20190921_071814.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Welcome to the Avid/Kitfox world. Learn all about it that you can and enjoy it. Its not a complicated aircraft and will do things a C-150 never thought about.

Posted

I found that out very quickly:)

Posted

Nice looking airplane, and welcome to the group!  JImChuk

Posted (edited)

Looks like a great  plane you got there!  I say keep it and do some upgrades that you want.  Anything you add should add equal or greater to it's value and "sellability".

Look into the kitfox wing extension kit.  I bought one and am installing it on my short wing KF5.  The consensus is that the long wing doesn't slow it down much (if any) but helps the slow side very noticeably.

Edited by Yamma-Fox

Posted (edited)

Looks like a great  plane you got there!  I say keep it and do some upgrades that you want.  Anything you add should add equal or greater to it's value and "sellability".

Look into the kitfox wing extension kit.  I bought one and am installing it on my short wing KF5.  The consensus is that the long wing doesn't slow it down much (if any) but helps the slow side very noticeably.

yes I'v been thinking on extending the wings but I don't know how easy the color matching will be,  because its metallic purple and blue

And how hard is it to extend the wings?

Edited by FireFoxIV

Posted

I'll let ya know soon.  The kit is complete down to every rivet and rib, so with some hysol and ballons the structure assembly looks easy. 

The kit they sell is "quick change" extensions whic can be removed or installed in a few minutes.

I plan oratex covering in white and then will paint it and a few other items (new unpainted cowl and ventral fin) at a later date.