Avid+ flight Observations

32 posts in this topic

Posted

No doubt - BTW did I mention I always keep one foot on the ground. Anyone who would make Sun n' Fun from Wisconsin gets a vote from me. Must have been a great flight with all the others. Half the fun is going somewhere with your buddies. See ya ... Jim

Hey AKFLYER, did you guys switch up on me? Can't keep up with all this fast-paced yakking. Come one, come all, love talking with you dudes. Only learned how to write yesterday, or so it seems. Blue skies, (skys, you know what I mean). Ain't never learned them big words. Jim :buttrock:

Posted

I think that is why Greg Swingle puts all his videos on VIMEO. not as much of a pain as utube. Utube pissed me off when they dissabled the music (and all sound) on mine yet there are 10 bazzilion videos on there with music that I can promise the guys didn't take the time to get permission from the original artist to use the music..

:BC:

I guess videos come and go on YouTube... To keep the audio delete from happening, all you need to do is credit the music. Look at the credits at the end of this video:

Posted

Hey guy, It's your video and a good one it is. I don't know how I interposed the deal of seeing the ICOM A6 on your instrument panel, however. I did watch the video again and liked it just as much the second time. Wish more people would do more informative stuff like that. I have a friend down here who has an in-cockpit of a four turn spin in his Aronca Champ. He and I were going to do another one using a two ship view from one plane looking at the other. Haven't done it yet. Got to get my wayward ducks in a row and get my AVID airworthy. Take care ... Jim

I have a buddy that was doing in cockpit video with his clipped wing T crate. Loops, spins etc.. Got a great one of him spinning all the way in. He got to watch it over an over while he was in the hospital recovering from the wreck.

Hey AKFLYER, did you guys switch up on me? Can't keep up with all this fast-paced yakking. Come one, come all, love talking with you dudes. Only learned how to write yesterday, or so it seems. Blue skies, (skys, you know what I mean). Ain't never learned them big words. Jim buttrock.gif

I use big words every once in awhile to throw the hounds off the trail. Better than running through the cold ass water up here!

I guess videos come and go on YouTube... To keep the audio delete from happening, all you need to do is credit the music. Look at the credits at the end of this video:

I will have to see if I can edit mine and get the sound back on. I think if I edit it and upload it again, it will end up breaking all the links that folks have on other sites though. I spose I could re-send the new link to full lotus so they can update their site though..

Posted

I have a buddy that was doing in cockpit video with his clipped wing T crate. Loops, spins etc.. Got a great one of him spinning all the way in. He got to watch it over an over while he was in the hospital recovering from the wreck.

I use big words every once in awhile to throw the hounds off the trail. Better than running through the cold ass water up here!

I will have to see if I can edit mine and get the sound back on. I think if I edit it and upload it again, it will end up breaking all the links that folks have on other sites though. I spose I could re-send the new link to full lotus so they can update their site though..

Av8r

Love the side slip video and the music. I save all of those. The guy in the clipped wing, what a thing to have to be reminded about over and over with evidence up close and personal. I had a buddy who corkscrewed himself in while circleing over some of his relatives. He evidently was intent on the kinspeople below and didn't realize he had dropped his nose. Spiralled right in with family and friends watching. He is the fourth friend/acquaintance who paid the ultimate price while doing unusual attitudes for the entertainment of those watching from the ground. My dad (a man of few words) once asked me if I was a little low on one of my simulated cropduster passes over their house in the Stinson L-5 I had rebuilt after the fine folks in the TN. CAP had reduced it to scrap. Guess he must have noticed my wing tip below the bottom of the tree limbs where he was standing. It's easy to get distracted sometimes. Glad the T-man was able to look back on his deal. When I was a student pilot, I used to practice side slip landings in my Cessna 150. Always fantasized that the flap motor might go out. Thanks for keeping me in the loop guys ... Jim

Posted

BTW akflyer, I think I have mentioned what a cool website this is. Look forward to every email notification that something else has been posted. Unfortunately I'm not watching all the forums. If I get time I'll try to include more of them. As I said, I LOVE this site. Keep up the good work ... Jim :)

Posted

Hey Subie AVID guys,

I'm still tied up with a home addition, a beloved dad in the hospital with a broken neck (88 yrs old), and a need to get all my stuff moved from my old address 45 min one way, to my new residence (two new storage buildings/garages wich I have built just to contain all the junk, tools, and what-nots of my life to this point). Am presently adding two more rooms onto my house (contracting a remodeling job is definitely worse than herding cats). Now have a total of five buildings on this property and still wonder if I'll cram everything in. Have any of you dealt directly with AIRDALE? If so could you give me a general idea of your experience? My initial impression would be favorable toward them. In the future would like to think in terms of a longer fuselage and wider gear on my MKIV. Do they sell just complete kits or can individual items be purchased? I know I should just call them but I'm working a rather hectic pace at the moment. Randy, haven't got the Ellison throttle body shipped back to get it overhauled yet - got to get these builders, electricians, dry wallers, painters, etc to step up the pace. There are times I just have to leave for about 30 minutes or so to keep from blowing a big-time fuse. Haven't physically assualted anyone. You guys take care ... Jim

Hey Jim,

Hope you dad is getting better. You have a lot of irons in the fire so hang in there. Keep one of those irons working on the plane; one BB at a time and eventially they fill up the jar. I bought my Avid Plus fusalage from Airdale back when Steve Windner was there and have bought other things from Brett since he bought the company. I have always been treated very well especially considering it is such a small company. I really hope Brett is able to make a good go of it for the long haul. It is nice to have a good source of parts available and a good guy running it.

Randy

Posted

Randy,

You're a like-minded guy, always feel like we would be buddies of the first order. Thanks for inquiring about my dad. He is sitting up on the side of his bed at times now. This is positive ground compared to the potential. He has had a tracheotimy (sic) but has responded well, all things considered. He is lucid and smiles when something funny is said. Get you loud and clear on not letting the wings get totally placed on the back burner. Right now that particular garage is full of building materials, AND I'M READY FOR THAT SITUATION TO GET REMEDIED. I've put out the word that this room addition deal is not going to be someone's welfare ticket. It doesn't really bother me to get nose to nose with someone when the circumstances call for it. I've been watching airplanes about as long as I care to. Want to wrack the bird around a bit and see what she's got. Appreciate the comeback on AIRDALE, have heard good things from you and two others (have I ever mentioned I love this website?) Some of my 'birds of a feather' buds are meeting at our local grass strip today for lunch (right across the road), and I've been asked to set up the video equipment to show vids of assundry flying activities. Should be fun. Got to go, thanks Randy (and all you other guys [Leni, Av8r, etc]) you guys warm my heart. Have to answer the other email when I get back ... Jim :siterocks: