Classic IV Restoration

453 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

My plane is a tv star already...

News 12

You mean 942RC???  :o

That's probably his other plane - the one he parks the Mercedes or the Limo next to!

EDMO

Looks good!  just don't go and copy me when my Avid and I made the news and TV about 5 years ago.  I like your way much better... Jim Chuk

Why, did they report that one of your (fleet or flock) needed maintenance?  Just kidding Jim - I know you banged one...

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I told you guys I was modifying my Kitfox...

Posted

Now things are getting cleared up. $167000 we were all wondering how you were funding that Kitfox rebuild. :rolleyes:

Posted

Well, yeah…   I'm not totally stupid.  Just think of it as your tax dollars at work.

Posted (edited)

Larry,  Did you put your wing strobe lights in the tips?  I have looked, but not found them.  Did you bracket to the rib or tip?   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I have Welen strobe/nav lights on the wing tips.   They came with the plane.  I will eventually convert the bulbs to LED on the nav lights. 

image.thumb.jpeg.b2357ce0f61e1b5ff80e9b5

Posted (edited)

Larry - I was talking about your landing / recognition strobe lights - the ones you made lenses for - I think I see them now in tips - Xvision?    Very recognizable plane - Looks great!

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Yes the Vision-X lights are behind the lenses in the wingtips.  We made brackets on the end rib to hold the light and it shines through the tip.

It wouldn't be fair to call them landing or taxi lights because their position doesn't really allow that, they are too far back from the leading edge, but they will work great as a recognition light.

2 people like this

Posted

4 people like this

Posted

Looks Good and sounds good ,must be getting pretty excited for the first launch

Posted

If that huge prop works good, you will be flying right along with the 180 hp Kitfoxes~!   Congrats.

EDMO

Posted

Congratulations Larry!!  I hope to see it at OSH!!

Posted

It flies!

After the successful test run last Saturday we found a pinhole leak in the new spider tank. Fixed that this week and ran her again for a few minutes yesterday.  Pulled in the hanger for inspection and all was good.

We pulled her back out for some taxiing and brake burning.  I wasn't getting an airspeed read so I didn't intend to fly.  I wanted to do one run at transition speed just to check the controls in ground effect and when I did, boom, airspeed came alive.  Controls felt good so I went around the patch with her. 

I did two circuits of the pattern with great success.  I only had limited fuel on board, so at that we called it a day to inspect and debrief.  

Flies nice no weird tendencies and the trim tab works great.  I just need to get used to having it, and which way it goes...

2 people like this

Posted

Shitty cell phone video to follow as soon as I edit it down to a reasonable time. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Great news!  Lots of time and effort is now paying off.  Congrats!  Jim Chuk

Posted

The only thing better than finishing a nice plane is flying a nice plane - Congrats Larry.

EDMO

Posted

Awesome news. Looking forward to video. Congratulations!

Posted

Congrats mr, that's awesome!   :bc:

Posted

Nice Work.

1 person likes this

Posted

6 people like this

Posted

congratts,good job!

Posted

Congrats on the first flights Mr!  I remember my first flight after the rebuild.  Not sure which one gave me a bigger grin, my first solo, or the first flight on a plane I had rebuilt.  Both were very memorable moments for me!

:BC:

Posted

Nice job Larry. You couldn't have done anything much better on this one. Have fun.

Posted

Looks good Larry!   Can't wait to see the performance numbers with that prop and engine combo.   Congrats!  Jim Chuk

Posted

Congratulations Larry looks good.