Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wolves

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a good view down my airstrip from the window in the back of my garage, which has a wall to wall work bench under it.  So I'm always glancing up to look out the window to see what I may see down the 2000' of airstrip.  Yesterday I had 3 timber wolves come out on it.  Watched they for a good while.  One of them was rolling around on his back in the grass just like a big old dog.  Pretty soon, one went off into the woods, and the two others laid down on the strip and waited there watching the way the first one went.  I suppose they were hoping the one in the woods would kick up a deer and they could head it off when it ran across the field.  No deer showed and eventually the remaining two wolves wandered into the woods as well.  It was kind of neat to watch though.  Ended up flying for the last hour and a half before sunset so all in all it was a nice day!  JImChuk

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I had a Lynx walk right by the edge of my deck on the back of house here about a month ago, it had no worries, took a nice stroll right up driweway alongside of house as i watched, it was on the hunt for some rabbits or one of my four dashounds, so i let it have it!!! :ph34r::flamegun:

A47231D7-CD7B-4789-BEC7-3CCB93F275E7.jpeg

9EB97307-E1F0-420B-8891-FC202F08E9BE.jpeg

F1F515AF-9F8D-4826-9E78-90F7ED8D10EC.jpeg

C2938E25-9281-40DD-A37E-559D1E2D7EDB.jpeg

Edited by Buckchop
Add pic
1 person likes this

Posted

I saw a lynx a few years ago on the strip, not many of them around here in Mn.  It would be interesting to see what all would walk by in a day's time if you took a 2000' strip of trees out of the woods and could see whatever goes by.  It's so easy to miss something, if they can cross the strip in 10 or 20 seconds.  One of the things I like about working in the garage is being able to watch the strip for critters.  JImChuk

2 people like this