Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid/Foxes

2 posts in this topic

Posted

This group is pretty darn good on keeping up one's moral during the build/rebuild process. Me, I know what I am getting into, but some of the newer people need encouragement from time to time. Most of us experienced builders/rebuilders have been thru about every issue that can come up and yet we still do it, (proves we are crazy) and probably will continue. I had some of the doubts at my age that if it was worth it anymore. But when you are done, sitting looking at it, you can't help but feel elated a tad. Mine is finished now and legal so I know I know I can change or modify it to suit me if need be later on. If nothing else, I can get my tail dragger skills back to where they once were and then move up the ladder a bit. Or maybe find out its the perfect machine for me after all.  One thing for sure, its an adventure all the way!

7 people like this

Posted

Exactly my sentiments Allen, congratulations on sticking to it and completing your project, nice job!  At age 86 I have 2 Avids at the “90–90” stage but the dream of seeing them ready to fly keeps me plugging along nearly every day. So i’m with you on encouraging the new and young builders to keep the dreams alive, let’s ‘keep em flying!!

4 people like this