Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Check Ride tomorrow

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I may not be the best student out there and I have pretty much put my plane on hold , only getting little bits done as I can scrape the extra money together, but tomorrow if all goes well I just might pass my Oral exam and Check Ride, My instructor will be my DPE. Today I put in a few hours in the ercoupe with another instructor finally so I can be recommended to take my Check Ride, Take off the wind was straight down the runway when we got back to do a few touch and goes 20 to 25 knot gusts 90 degres to the only runway, wasn't pretty but I kept it on the centerline and the plane will still fly for tomorrows test.

Posted

Best of luck to you.

Relax and do what you know how to do. You'll do fine.

Posted

Good Luck!

I will never forget the day of my check ride. My brain locked up tighter than a time lock vault at the bank. The oral part I blew in a huge way and was barely able to stutter out my name let alone the answers to the questions. The only saving grace was the DPE owned the flight school and he had lots of hours flying with me or me renting his planes. After about 30 minutes of stuttering I told him I was done, let go do the air work then come back to the oral. The second I got in the plane, my brain decided to start working again as I relaxed smilielol.gif I was kind of a dick to him and I told him that I was PIC of this plane, and not to pull the usual BS on me trying to distract me etc, just let me fly the damn plane. The second we got in the air he started mixing the oral exam in with the practical and I was so relaxed and at ease that I did not even notice it. Once back on the ground he congratulated me, told me he knew I could do it all I was just letting my brain get in the way of my ability while in the class room (big shocker there).

Go easy on the coffee or energy drinks before the check ride and get some good sleep!

BC.gifBC.gif

Posted (edited)

Good Luck!

I will never forget the day of my check ride. My brain locked up tighter than a time lock vault at the bank. The oral part I blew in a huge way and was barely able to stutter out my name let alone the answers to the questions. The only saving grace was the DPE owned the flight school and he had lots of hours flying with me or me renting his planes. After about 30 minutes of stuttering I told him I was done, let go do the air work then come back to the oral. The second I got in the plane, my brain decided to start working again as I relaxed smilielol.gif I was kind of a dick to him and I told him that I was PIC of this plane, and not to pull the usual BS on me trying to distract me etc, just let me fly the damn plane. The second we got in the air he started mixing the oral exam in with the practical and I was so relaxed and at ease that I did not even notice it. Once back on the ground he congratulated me, told me he knew I could do it all I was just letting my brain get in the way of my ability while in the class room (big shocker there).

Go easy on the coffee or energy drinks before the check ride and get some good sleep!

BC.gifBC.gif

Thank you, I passed with flying colors, the sky was kind of hazy during the flight but I had done enough practice in the area that when he decided to pull the engine out I knew exactly where I was and pulled a 180 and headed for an old airfield to make my "emergency" landing. After twenty years of numerous attempts I am finally a Pilot! Now to get back to work on my Avid so I will have a plane to fly, still need taildragger endorsement , but that is less of a worry for me than the pilots license.biker2.gifparty.gif

Edited by Trackwelder

Posted

Thank you, I passed with flying colors, the sky was kind of hazy during the flight but I had done enough practice in the area that when he decided to pull the engine out I knew exactly where I was and pulled a 180 and headed for an old airfield to make my "emergency" landing. After twenty years of numerous attempts I am finally a Pilot! Now to get back to work on my Avid so I will have a plane to fly, still need taildragger endorsement , but that is less of a worry for me than the pilots license.biker2.gifparty.gif

AWESOME! Congrats on the new ticket :BC: Now you have a license to learn. The day after I passd mine, I loaded up the ole trusty .308 and rented the PA 12 and headed out west to knock down a few carribou. My log book entry... Burning sky and busting bou. 5.5 hrs 8 t.o. n landings. buttrock.gif

:BC:

Posted

AWESOME! Congrats on the new ticket BC.gif Now you have a license to learn. The day after I passd mine, I loaded up the ole trusty .308 and rented the PA 12 and headed out west to knock down a few carribou. My log book entry... Burning sky and busting bou. 5.5 hrs 8 t.o. n landings. buttrock.gif

BC.gif

Unfortunately that was my plan but wake up to ice storms so I will work in the garage on my own plane. I had hoped to be able to take up my wife daughter 10 years old and mother just about 80 but don't ask her she'll whoop your ass for it she doesn't even have birthdays. She is planning another trip back up to Diomede this winter hopefully they get enough ice for a runway taking the helicopter gets expensive.

Posted

Congrats! I attempted to do my BFR today with the local flight school and weather cancelled for the first time in a year...we were socked in solid with a low fog layer all day.

Posted

Congrats!!! Been there done that, I know the feeling. Happy flights. Russ N844RS MK IV HH