Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Airforce releases fatal Alaska C17 crash findings

3 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123234579

We got this info quite a while back with a lot more detail. Bottom line they flew a perfectly good airplane into the ground. The audio from the flight deck is very humbling about 2 seconds from the end. Remember guys were not invincible.

Posted

I've never even heard of this incident...

My condolences to all the family and friends of those involved.

Posted

I've never even heard of this incident...

My condolences to all the family and friends of those involved.

I followed this accident from day one. It was very apperant to me what happend and the findings of the report confirm what I thought all along. Accelerated stalls were one of the biggest things that my instructor hammered me on. He knew I was going to be out poking around and looking at animals on the ground at low level, so he hammered and hammered accelerated stalls and uncordinated accelerated stalls (moose hunter stalls) into me. Moose hunter stalls is one of the biggest killers up here followed closely by CFIT. One thing I wont push is the weather (anymore, I have been known to do some real stupid shit years ago when it came to the weather), and I keep my speed way up when circling to look at something and keep that ball centered.

I am sure the pilot did not intend to spud in and was just trying to get the most performance possible out of the that plane. This is something we do damn near every day and dont think twice about it.

My thoughts and prayers to those airmen and thier families.

:BC: <to those who take the final flight