Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

582 Info

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Im getting my Skyraider build close enough to start thinking about some engine data.Was wondering what RPMs you do a mag check at on a 582 and what RPM loss do you have for each mag drop?Also what RPM am I shooting for on a static runup to get my prop at the right setting? My prop is a 68 inch 3 blade Powerfin and gearbox is a 3 to 1 C box.Can you get any EGT info from a static run up or is that something that has to be done in flight.We are at 2150 field elevation. Sorry for all the questions but Im getting excited as hell,Im looking for first flight by spring so I just want to have all my ducks in a row.Thanks Randy

Posted

Randy, I will be back home on the 17th. I have the info and will post it then. Hope someone will come forward before then. Russ. N844RS MK IV HH

Posted

Quick run down 3000- 3500 RPM, max drop between mags 300 RPM. Static RPM shoot for 61-6200, should give you around 6500 on take off (max HP and Tq right at 6500). EGTs should be 1000-1100 on static, it will go up a bit when the engine unloads as you gain forward speed.

:BC:

Posted

Quick run down 3000- 3500 RPM, max drop between mags 300 RPM. Static RPM shoot for 61-6200, should give you around 6500 on take off (max HP and Tq right at 6500). EGTs should be 1000-1100 on static, it will go up a bit when the engine unloads as you gain forward speed.

:BC:

Thanks alot Lenny,I will document all of the info I can.Not really sure if the DAR is going to require me to know this but I want to be ready.I will need it sooner or later.I still have to paint cowling, flaps and ailerons and then just go over everything with a fine tooth comb.Im going to tear down engine and inspect and reseal but I think I,ll waint until everything is finished.I did a rough weigh in and its seems to be a lot heavier than Skyraider advertises.They claim it weighs 450but mine will be closer to 500.May just be a taxi queen but I will find out.Thanks Randy

post-104-12924746916275_thumb.jpg