Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid Mk IV New Owner

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Well Mr Lenny (AKFlyer) has been talking and showing me his videos for a few years now so I finally pulled the trigger and purchased an Avid Mk IV with a 582 and the extended aerobat wing. Will be going down to pick it up the Monday after Christmas. Looking forward to flying to it!

You guys have probably seen it on Barnstormers but just in case here it is:

156903_1750260682768_1426398746_31888384_2881892_n.jpg

Edited by OKAvidFlyer

Posted

Congrats on your new MK IV. Happy flights. Russ. N844RS

Posted

Hey Bill, see ya found the joint. She is a good looking bird and I am glad I finally talked you into getting one, I hope you have as much fun with it as the rest of us on here do!

:BC:

Posted

Welcome Bill - Congrats on the new toy. Does your plane have the wing extension kit or full length spars? Do you know the amount of washout? Always curious how a lightweight Mk-IV speed wing w/ full length .065" spars, ribs 18" o.c. and 1-1/2" twist or less would perform w/ a 582 up front. Share some numbers please once you get comfortable with it. Thnx

Posted

Thanks everyone.

It has the wing extensions installed. As for performance this is what the current owner told me:

"I cruise 85-90, stall is 38. I climb out pretty fast at 70 or so and still get 1100 fpm climb rate" That is solo. We will see when I get it!

Posted

Thanks everyone.

It has the wing extensions installed. As for performance this is what the current owner told me:

"I cruise 85-90, stall is 38. I climb out pretty fast at 70 or so and still get 1100 fpm climb rate" That is solo. We will see when I get it!

Hey Bill, just caught your name :lol: at least you didn't sign up with greatavidflyer or badavidflyer, just another okavidflyer :lmao:

Posted

Way to go Bill, that is what a call a great Christmas present. A nice looking bird; sounds like it is a performer too. Look forward to hearing your reports. Randy

Posted

Hey Bill, hope you dont mind, but I am taking the liberty of posting up the latest pic! If you do mind, well, I am sure you will get over it by the time you get back to work :lmao:

I guess you never got the memo that "real men fly bungee gear".. Steve, you wanna help him out on this one :lol:

The bird looks great, and we are looking forward to a flight report and your first flight thoughts on it. For those who dont know Mr. Bill, he is an old crop duster, glider tow pilot, and glider geek. It will be interesting to get his opinion on the lil bird after the first few flights.

post-2-12935542139333_thumb.jpg

Posted

I hope you enjoy the bird as much as I did Bill. It was a pleasure doing business with you! I'm sure gonna miss the avid but my RV project will keep me buisy enough to keep my mind off of it.... I hope!

Ben