Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

new float flying vid 9-17-07

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I made a quick vid of a little hunt we were on last week. The camera man cant quit talking but once you get past that it is ok lol..

A little history, I put my floats on my brothers kitfox, as I have been having too much fun flying his plane since he got it up here to even think about working on mine. I was not happy with the performance as I knew it could do better. I have moved the step location 3 times and changed the angle of incidence 3 times also. In this video I had a bit too much angle of incidence on it. You could get it off the water quick, but it had so much drag it slowed me down 8 knots. I added a 3/4" shim to the rear float mount and now have it nailed. The cruise is still good 70 knots at 5800, and takeoff is great with no tendency to porpoise.

At about 6:00 minutes into the vid you can see the slew I was taking off of in the first part of the vid, and at 6:10 you can see the little pond. The rest of the vid is just a small part of the flats we hunt. The ducks and geese are really starting to move through and KF makes it a breeze to hunt the area.

Edit... I had to change the video and get rid of some of the commentary...then I thought... oh damn... free bird may not be the right song for a flying vid lol...

Posted

Looks great bro. I have sent  pics out to people on the matronics site that wanted info and also sent them links to here.  You have done a great job on the ole bird , Thanks happy flying and blue skies for ya .

JP

Posted

I posted the same info on the kitfox list....It has been fun playing with you plane thanks!

Posted

Anyone told ya you look like Red Green wading around out there??

Great vid and demo.

Posted

LMAO... damn.... now ya got me worried about my girlish figure...its a wonder that bird can get my fat ass in the air!!

:beerchug:

Posted

No doubt about it......

215_door-over_gifd20cf4b34a3598d81c01f4d

Posted

damn... not that close lol...

:beerchug:

217_IMG_0096_jpg86866374f77580af9aa0c7f9