Parting out KF-III

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Let me know if you need something in particular.

Once I make up an inventory and price sheet I'll be posting the big items in Barnstormers, etc.

Thanks

- Complete FWF (inc FW) available incs:

Rotax 582 mod 99 Blue Head elec start (68.2 hrs)

Rotax 'C' gearbox w/ 2.62:1 ratio gear set (199.8 hrs)

Rotax muffler, radiator, pulse pump, oil tanks

Primer & Choke, ACS gascolator, Key West regulator, etc.

- 68" GSC Tech III ground adj. prop w/ leading edge protection, Rotax 100mm (3-15/16") bolt circle hub (57.7 hrs)

- back plate and nose cone spinner for 3-blade prop

- Instrument panel (small style for use w/ nose tank) and instruments incs EGT, CHT and senders

- KX99 Hand held transceiver w/ plug-in 115v/230v wall trickle charger & operators manual

- Garmin GPS90 Personal Navigator w/ remote antenna & operators manual

- 4pc cowl set w/ oil access door

- Grove spring gear w/ gun-drilled brake lines

- Wheels, tires, Matco brakes & master cylinders etc.

- L/R oem bungee gear

- Grove aluminum tail spring w/ Matco tailwheel assembly & compression springs

- Custom 8-pc Canvas Cover for L/R droop-tip wings & flaperons, cowl, cabin, empenage, H.stab, V.stab/rudder plus 3-blade prop socks

- Black/Yellow interior (brand new) seat & back cushion, cargo cover, seat truss and foot side kick panels

- L/R M-III wings w/ flapperons & droop tips, 6gal alum rt wing fuel tank & root gauge

- L/R M-III faired lift struts, jury struts

- Horizontal stabilizer & struts, elevator

- Rudder

- Flight control system components: stick control, bell cranks, push/pull tubes, mixer, elevator push/pull control tube with heim ends

Edited by dholly

Posted

My buddy with the ground-looped Avid may want some of this stuff. Send me your list when you are able.

And now for the rest of the story?

Posted

Larry - it's all there just have him pm me. Who knows when (if?) I will ever get around to a complete part by part inventory. Might just as well post up the original factory inventory pull sheets. Not much story to tell, went off strip hit a ditch and the fuse folded like a cheap suit at the left gear attach brackets. The Grove gear is a hell of alot tougher than the longerons that's for sure. A&P originally thought we might get away with some tubing repair --which wouldn't have been that big of a deal because I was going to recover it this winter anyway-- but then we found the fuse was actually tweaked 3-ways so the Ins co. just chose to total. Not good, but what you gonna do? Either I'm crazy stupid or a glutton for punishment but I agreed to buy the salvage. I have better things to do than part this out, just hope to come off a bit better financially because alot was not damaged. Sucks balls, but Life (very graciously!) goes on.

Posted

Doug-- Sorry to hear this! I am glad to see you are okay, though. (You are, right?)

Posted

How much would you take for the C gearbox?

Posted

Doug-- Sorry to hear this! I am glad to see you are okay, though. (You are, right?)

Man Doug, I am sorry to hear about this too; I didn't realize what had happened when I read your first post. I hope you are OK as well.

Time to put full concentration into getting the Avid+ done!

Posted

Doug, Mine was bent, twisted and tweeked pretty good. The gear box was bent up pretty bad, but the tubes were not kinked. I made up a couple tools to straighten the tubes, but most of the work was done with a block of wood and a hammer, or a rubber mallet. They are small tubes and straighten easy, just dont beat the shit out of them :lol: The good thing about tube and rag planes is that they are easy to fix! I had to replace a couple upper longerons that were kinked, and the rudder post n top of the fin. Spend a day hammering tubes that could be straightened, a day cutting new tubes and fitting them, and a few hours with a tig torch in hand welding in the new tubes. The tubes that were knked were holding the fuse all twisted up, but as soon as I cut them loose the rest of the fuse sprang back to normal shape. Pulled a few measurements to make sure everything was square, blocked it up n clamped it down on the saw horses and went to welding. I think I have about 250 bucks into the new tubes, including upgrading to 1" tubes for the lift struts.

Post up some pics and show us your ditch banging handy work :lol: I would do it for you buttrock.gif

:BC:

Posted

How much would you take for the C gearbox?

Sorry Bill, I missed this post. I have the gearbox offered with the engine pkg but will keep you in mind if a buyer doesn't need it.

Posted

Hi Doug,

Do you still have the doors? E-Mail me @Bulpug@comcast.net.

Let me know if you need something in particular.

I tweaked the frame pretty good but most everything else is ok.

Once I make up an inventory and price sheet I'll be posting the big items in Barnstormers, etc.

Thanks

- Complete FWF (inc FW) available incs:

Rotax 582 mod 99 Blue Head elec start (68.2 hrs)

Rotax 'C' gearbox w/ 2.62:1 ratio gear set (199.8 hrs)

Rotax muffler, radiator, pulse pump, oil tanks

Primer & Choke, ACS gascolator, Key West regulator, etc.

- 68" GSC Tech III ground adj. prop w/ leading edge protection, Rotax 100mm (3-15/16") bolt circle hub (57.7 hrs)

- back plate and nose cone spinner for 3-blade prop

- Instrument panel (small style for use w/ nose tank) and instruments incs EGT, CHT and senders

- KX99 Hand held transceiver w/ plug-in 115v/230v wall trickle charger & operators manual

- 4pc cowl set w/ oil access door

- Grove spring gear w/ gun-drilled brake lines

- Wheels, tires, Matco brakes & master cylinders etc.

- L/R oem bungee gear

- Grove aluminum tail spring w/ Matco tailwheel assembly & compression springs

- Custom 8-pc Canvas Cover for L/R droop-tip wings & flaperons, cowl, cabin, empenage, H.stab, V.stab/rudder plus 3-blade prop socks

- Black/Yellow interior (brand new) seat & back cushion, cargo cover, seat truss and foot side kick panels

- L/R M-III wings w/ flapperons & droop tips, 6gal alum rt wing fuel tank & root gauge

- L/R M-III faired lift struts, jury struts

- Horizontal stabilizer & struts, elevator

- Rudder

- Flight control system components: stick control, bell cranks, push/pull tubes, mixer, elevator control tube

Posted

Hi Doug,

Do you still have the doors? E-Mail me @Bulpug@comcast.net.

mail sent

Posted

got any matco wheels?

Buyer called me tonight. I SOLD MINE TODAY.

Ed in MO

Posted

Only stuff left at this time:

- F/G Seat pan

- Turtle deck cover

- Elevator push/pull control tube with heim ends

- Rotax Recoil Starter Assembly (New)

Thanks

Posted

How about the control sticks?

Bob

Posted

-sold-