Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Original Type Avid Model A

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi everyone...I'm brand new to this forum and want to wish everyone a Happy & Prosperous New Year!

Besides that....I took a test flight with Dan Denny at Oshkosh when they 1st showed the Avid to the public in 1983, but I couldn't afford one at that time. I now can, and am looking for the original model with the big bicycle tricycle gear. Can anyone direct me as to where to find a nice one? Thank's

Posted

Hi everyone...I'm brand new to this forum and want to wish everyone a Happy & Prosperous New Year!

Besides that....I took a test flight with Dan Denny at Oshkosh when they 1st showed the Avid to the public in 1983, but I couldn't afford one at that time. I now can, and am looking for the original model with the big bicycle tricycle gear. Can anyone direct me as to where to find a nice one? Thank's

It depends on if you want to build or Fly, just saw a nice B model taildragger on Barnstormers for $13,800 asking price it was up a couple of months previous might be able to get a dal on it

Posted

There's an Avid A taildragger on a Craigslist near me. link

Posted

Bobby,

Don't have any specific info but have seen some of the big gear tricycle geared machines on YOUTUBE. You might be able to get some info from someones profile there. Good luck ... Jim :news:

Posted

Take a look at Barnstormers, someone in twin cities minnesota area has an A model that they are listing as a B model, unbuilt.

Bobby,

Don't have any specific info but have seen some of the big gear tricycle geared machines on YOUTUBE. You might be able to get some info from someones profile there. Good luck ... Jim news.gif