Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fish Creek Lake Lodge flyin #1 2011

14 posts in this topic

Posted

A few pics of the flying and scenery around the lodge! Thanks for coming up Randy, I had a blast. Having a day of flying with Mt. Mckinley and Foraker for a back drop is nothing short of breathtaking. We really are spoiled to be flying in God's Country.

post-2-12946138495559_thumb.jpg

post-2-12946139832899_thumb.jpg

post-2-12946142237286_thumb.jpg

post-2-12946143566464_thumb.jpg

post-2-12946144840916_thumb.jpg

post-2-12946145893062_thumb.jpg

post-2-12946147483803_thumb.jpg

post-2-12946149420439_thumb.jpg

post-2-12946150590736_thumb.jpg

post-2-12946151412803_thumb.jpg

Posted

Beautiful scenery, Leni. I will get up there, someday... :drool3:

Posted

Leni, Thank you for setting that up; it was an awsome trip. God's country , perfect weather and great people; it doesn't get any better than that. I am looking forward to the next time; hope we can do it again for the Irondog.

post-75-12946434179772_thumb.jpg

post-75-12946434732711_thumb.jpg

post-75-12946435931431_thumb.jpg

post-75-12946436957547_thumb.jpg

post-75-12946437950716_thumb.jpg

post-75-12946438922139_thumb.jpg

post-75-12946439615515_thumb.jpg

post-75-12946440757974_thumb.jpg

post-75-12946441523449_thumb.jpg

post-75-12946442244914_thumb.jpg

Posted

Here are some more pics; I wasn't sure I could get them all to send on one post.

post-75-12946449532526_thumb.jpg

post-75-12946450344044_thumb.jpg

Posted

Having some trouble getting these to upload. Here are some more air to air and heading home.

post-75-12946457882511_thumb.jpg

post-75-12946458769508_thumb.jpg

post-75-12946459391815_thumb.jpg

post-75-12946460328719_thumb.jpg

post-75-12946461223639_thumb.jpg

post-75-12946462320856_thumb.jpg

Posted

Having some trouble getting these to upload. Here are some more air to air and heading home.

Great pics guys,looks like a blast.Keep the photos coming my wife enjoys them,she is really getting into photography.Thanks Randy

Posted

Just got home from the Lodge. Man what a flight. Climed out to 7000 and headed straight home with a nice little tailwind. Averaged 109 on the GPS. That was one great weekend with great company and AWESOME weather! I would tell you boys about the Sauna lastnight, but what happens at the lodge stays at the lodge :lol:

I forewarned them that we would be back next month for the Irondog. I plan on staying up there for a week next time weather permitting.

:BC:

Posted (edited)

I would tell you boys about the Sauna lastnight, but what happens at the lodge stays at the lodge :lol:

Just you and the 'boys', Leni?

:handjob:

:handjob::handjob:

:handjob:

I guess it gets pretty lonely up there in the woods... The way I hear it, you don't loose your gal up there in Alaska, you just loose your turn.

:stirthepot:

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

I have to clear up one point here; Leni was accompanied by his lovely girl friend. This boy was not in the sauna with him.

Posted

:lol: Nope Randy left before we got the sauna dug out :lmao: It was actually kept under control but it was very cool to hit the sauna after a good day of flying, a great dinner and way to many drinks. The norther lights gave us a great display during the short walk back to the cabin.

:BC:

Posted

Few more pics from the other camera. I am very pissed that the two times we went flying, I left my good camera sitting in the lodge. Randy, lets hope for some weather just like we had this time and I will have the good camera with me for sure!

post-2-12949575528165_thumb.jpg

post-2-1294957566679_thumb.jpg

post-2-12949575795654_thumb.jpg

post-2-1294957590856_thumb.jpg

post-2-12949576048086_thumb.jpg

Posted

Hey Leni,

Man that was such a blast I can't wait to do it again. We will hope for a repeat of the increadible weather we had. I have been sharing the pics with my brother and others all week so have enjoyed reliving it.

I really like your new icon picture! That one was my favorite too. The mountain is such an increadible backdrop you would think it was photo shopped it you hadn't been there. I cut the pics from a couple Mpixels down to about 100 Kpixels to upload them. (I am on dial up so it will not upload or download pics very well) I can put them on a disc for you at full size if you want to get some good blow up photos of your plane. I would like to get your photos on a disc also. We'll have to plan to exchand them on the next trip.

I had an interesting landing at Wolf Lake when I got back; I had been thinking about the fact that there is absolutely no snow on the lake now after our meltdown and refreeze two weeks ago, I knew it was going to be interesting getting it to stop. I slipped it hard over the trees and landed it in a full stall as short and slow as I could get it. There were a couple of ice fishing tents in the center area of the lake (it is kind of hourglass shaped) and as I skated past them (at about 20+ mph and not slowing down) I did the full airplane beta manuver; pushed full rudder and powered it up then full oposite rudder as the tail came around. It stops pretty good from the backward slide with the power on. It was kind of funny because the ice fishermen came out of their tents and started taking pictures. lmao.gif

Randy

Posted

Hey Leni,

Man that was such a blast I can't wait to do it again. We will hope for a repeat of the increadible weather we had. I have been sharing the pics with my brother and others all week so have enjoyed reliving it.

I really like your new icon picture! That one was my favorite too. The mountain is such an increadible backdrop you would think it was photo shopped it you hadn't been there. I cut the pics from a couple Mpixels down to about 100 Kpixels to upload them. (I am on dial up so it will not upload or download pics very well) I can put them on a disc for you at full size if you want to get some good blow up photos of your plane. I would like to get your photos on a disc also. We'll have to plan to exchand them on the next trip.

I had an interesting landing at Wolf Lake when I got back; I had been thinking about the fact that there is absolutely no snow on the lake now after our meltdown and refreeze two weeks ago, I knew it was going to be interesting getting it to stop. I slipped it hard over the trees and landed it in a full stall as short and slow as I could get it. There were a couple of ice fishing tents in the center area of the lake (it is kind of hourglass shaped) and as I skated past them (at about 20+ mph and not slowing down) I did the full airplane beta manuver; pushed full rudder and powered it up then full oposite rudder as the tail came around. It stops pretty good from the backward slide with the power on. It was kind of funny because the ice fishermen came out of their tents and started taking pictures. lmao.gif

Randy

I will put mine on a disk, unfortunately, the best pics I got of you were on my darn cell phone, the other small cammera I had with me was "spose" to be a good one, but it sucks. I have a new smaller one ordered up so next trip up I will be ready for some more air to air sessions. Got a new helmet cam ordered up to so I should be able to roll film from a couple different angles to get good video too.

The ole high speed full airframe beta stoping manuver always draws a crowd. Funny that in a tail dragger we try our best to not "ground loop" it, so when we try to do it intentionally it feels pretty weird. Had to do it a time or two myself and was always puckered up hoping there was not a nice little ridge to fold the gear from under me.

I am told that Jeremy Davis over at Port Alsworth has an STC for adding a brake mechanism to the skis that you use your toe brakes for. My brother is spose to be flying over there and getting some pics of his set up. When he does, I will get them posted up because I think they will work pretty slick and be very easy to make for our planes!

Posted

A set of deployable scratcher brakes woud be very nice to have in these condition! It will be interesting to see the design.

Thanks for resizing my Avitar picture. I messed with it a little when I was putting it on but it seemed to just make it fuzzier. It looks a lot better with the upsize you did.

The helmet cam video should be a lot of fun, especially flying the river chase.