Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fish creek Lodge flyin #2

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Well here we go with another fly in at the Lodge. I plan on flying up on 2-16-11 and staying till the morning of the 21st. The irondog racers leave biglake on the 20th starting at 11 AM and normally take about an hour to reach the river. Weather permitting we are talking about following them upriver a bit, then jumping ahead to maybe hells gate area to get some good video. We should have lots of gas up there and a few guys are planning on riding their sleds in to so I may have to fly gas up to them around ptarmigan pass.

The lodge has been forewarned that we will be invading them again and we are planning on king crab and prime rib one night there with lots of other good food in-between.

Randy, when you thinking about flying out?

:BC:

Posted

Hey Leni, that sounds good. I will try to take a couple of days off so I can stay out there a little longer. Looking forward to the great food and company, and hope we get some of the same incredible weather.

Posted

Well here we go with another fly in at the Lodge. I plan on flying up on 2-16-11 and staying till the morning of the 21st. The irondog racers leave biglake on the 20th starting at 11 AM and normally take about an hour to reach the river. Weather permitting we are talking about following them upriver a bit, then jumping ahead to maybe hells gate area to get some good video. We should have lots of gas up there and a few guys are planning on riding their sleds in to so I may have to fly gas up to them around ptarmigan pass.

The lodge has been forewarned that we will be invading them again and we are planning on king crab and prime rib one night there with lots of other good food in-between.

Randy, when you thinking about flying out?

BC.gif

Leni,

It looks like I have a package waiting for me at the Post Office so it should be my flywheel. My plan is to take Thursday off, get the flywheel on and things reset and fly out by Thursday (2/17) afternoon. What does your schedule look like?

Posted

Leni,

It looks like I have a package waiting for me at the Post Office so it should be my flywheel. My plan is to take Thursday off, get the flywheel on and things reset and fly out by Thursday (2/17) afternoon. What does your schedule look like?

Thursday should be doable. I should have my doors done today and just wrap up a couple projects on it and be ready to go by Thursday morning. I will keep in touch if it looks like it will be close!

Posted

Hey Randy,

Plane is done and I called Julie and Dan and told them we would be showing up mid to late afternoon. I should be in the air around 1 or 2 so I should be there between 2:30 and 3:30. I will call your cell when I am ready to leave here.