Airdale Fly In

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Brett has announced he is hosting a ski Fly-In at his home/shop on February 26th.

Food will be served from 10 to 2-ish. Some of you know about this, now you all do!

Location: Lake Hildebrand, Northern Wisconsin - 5 Miles south of the City of Rhinelander.

N 45° 32.98'

W 89° 25.98'

The lake has good snow on it and is a little over 2000' long, east to west.

I'll be there. I hope to see some of you there, too.

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

You guys have great fun. I'm still not airworthy with a LOT of things going on as previously mentioned.

Chomp down on a few delicious goodies for me guys and stay in touch. Like to know how much fun, how many innovative approaches and good fixes, hangar flyer stories, etc. I eat it up. Have fun, be safe, see ya ... Jim ;)

Posted

Larry - take some pics for us!

Posted

Hey guys, if any of you want to post some video/s of the event, those of us presently afflicted with 'ground pounder' disease would love to view them. I'm a disenchanted spectator presently, but after I get rolling I'll be back with a vengeance. In the meantime, you guys who are doing it right, don't forget those of us who are restless to re-join the flock. Be careful and have fun ... Jim :news:

Posted

Unfortunately it is a little outside of my test area but I will be with you in spirit. Have a great fly-in and post the pics for us!

Posted

Bump!!

Who's coming??

Posted

One last time.

Bandit, you going to make it?

Posted

I wish I could.. have a little issue where I cant leave the state right now. Hopefully I will get that cleared up in the next month hahaha. post up lots of pics for those of us who cant be there!

:BC:

Posted (edited)

Some photos. Had to leave earlier that I wanted due to the weather coming in. I landed at home (20 minute flight) under serious IFR conditions. (500' ceiling, 1/2 mile visibility and snow).

Jody (Brett's wife) made ham sandwiches, chicken with wild rice soup (awesome) and other miscellaneous munchies, soda, coffee and hot chocolate.

You guys missed out...

post-36-12987639100551_thumb.jpg

post-36-12987639251061_thumb.jpg

post-36-12987639395455_thumb.jpg

post-36-12987639534765_thumb.jpg

post-36-12987639694007_thumb.jpg

post-36-12987639931407_thumb.jpg

post-36-12987640095522_thumb.jpg

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

That tail ski on the KF is um... intersting. Looks like a great way to bend up the lower longerongs when you hit a snowmachine track that is set up real good under a few inches of nice fluffy stuff. I about cleared my tail spring off more than once doing that.

Other than that, looks like a good time! Cough, hard IFR, cough cough... sounds like normal vfr in certain areas of the world :lol:

Posted

Jim and another guy I know with an Avid have run that "ski" design for better than 10 years.

We don't have the snow quantities to cause the scenario that you describe.

Posted

Jim and another guy I know with an Avid have run that "ski" design for better than 10 years.

We don't have the snow quantities to cause the scenario that you describe.

interesting! If it works it works I spose. It is hard to argue with success!

Posted

Maybe some more detial is in order...

The front mount swings at the trailer towing mount and at the ski. The rear is mounted to the spring in the rear. It swings back as it compresses.

Posted

Some photos. Had to leave earlier that I wanted due to the weather coming in. I landed at home (20 minute flight) under serious IFR conditions. (500' ceiling, 1/2 mile visibility and snow).

Jody (Brett's wife) made ham sandwiches, chicken with wild rice soup (awesome) and other miscellaneous munchies, soda, coffee and hot chocolate.

You guys missed out...

Looks like a good fly-in. Thanks for posting the pics. Pretty neat to see the variety of planes that made it.