Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Insurance for Mark IV - Need Ideas

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello gang -

I'm a new member here in the group, but a long time pilot. I am very close to pulling the trigger on purchasing a Mark IV, and now need to find a good place to purchase insurance. I've owned certified a/c in the past and have been with AVEMCO, AIG, etc, but have no idea where to go for my potential Avid purchase.

1. Any idea who I should call?

2. What are you guys paying for insurance on your flying Avid's? I'll most likely only carry liability, but may pick up hull if it's not too outrageously priced.

Thanks in advance for your responses and sorry if this question has already been asked in this forum.

Toby

Denver, CO (KFTG)

Posted

I've had very good luck with using the insurance services from the EAA. Call the "800" number on your membership card (if you are a member - if not, why not??).

I'm with Falcon Insurance, through EAA, liability and "not in motion" hull coverage.

Posted

Hello Av8R -

Thanks for the reply. I figured Falcon through EAA might be a good option.

Mind if I ask what the liability and not in motion hull run you per year? I'm getting my ducks in order from a budgeting perspective.

Thanks for your reply!

Posted

Avemco for mine.... $434.00 premium... Million bucks property and injury..NO HULL Should probably get some. Never thought my Plane would cost less than my Truck to insure.

Posted

My premium is something like $800: $500 liability (1 million) and $300 hull ($40k).

Posted

Thanks guys. I was hoping to get liability and possible not in motion hull for around 1K. Looks like I might be able to do that.

In the past when I've owned 172's, 150's, etc. it usually ran me around $800 which included 1M liability, and hull of 40K.

Glad to see that being on the experimental side won't cost that much more from an insurance perspective.

I will keep you posted as my purchase progresses.

Thanks again for your help.

Posted

I am starting to not like you guys down south... for mine, liability only is 1900.00 a yr. Well that was the quote from falcon anyway...

Posted (edited)

I have had really good luck with LL Johns Associates. They are a broker and you can talk to John Gostinger at 248-666-7204. I used them for my Glider and now for my Avid. Mine is ~$900 a year and that is with full in motion hull.

Edited by OKAvidFlyer