Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where'd everyone go?

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Has everybody gone flying??

Posted

Has everybody gone flying??

Wish I was flying,instead Im pulling my header tank back out and fixing a fuel leak.My brand new stainless header tank leaked gas from one of the welds and went into my fuse so I was not a happy camper.Pressure tested it with soapy water before I put it in but must have missed one.Got the gas cleaned up and everything seems ok.I tig welded both ends and pressure tested again.Three times to be exact and its ok now.Called the factory just to let them know and they said they were sorry so now everything is just peachy.Oh well one step foward and two steps back. Hope everyone else is flying. Randy

Posted

I'm waiting on a new flywheel so no flying for me this weekend. Jack offered to let me borrow his so I think I will take him up on that; may be able to catch up with Leni at the irondog flyout. You want to talk about guys that are nuts (for those whose other apendage is a snow machine), those guys ar nuts!

Posted

I be in the garage putting the Mk IV cowling on mine and redoing the lexan on the doors so I will be ready to fly out next weekend. The dang weather went from cloudy and 40 above to sunshine, blue sky's and - 10.

Randy, I am hoping to get set up by hells gate for some good action shots and video of the Irondog guys. Been talking to a few of the top teams and have a buddy going up to help them with shock valving cause no one can seem to get the sleds to ride worth a darn. In the high speed stutters they are all doing cool lil tank slappers that are tossing everyone off the sleds :lol: Should make for some good video on a few sections up there. I am hoping to get up early and put some tracks down on a few of the swamps for us to land in. A friend landed up there a few days ago and said there is about 7' of snow on the swamps and a good portion of the Irondog trail has not been put in yet up past skwentna because the snow is so deep. I know several guys that are headed up this weekend with long tracks to try and get the trail put in. Should make for some good video if we can get set up in the right spots!

:BC:

Posted

I talked to Stratus and they have a new flywheel on the way; put together with adhesive like you suggested plus deeper set retainer bolts. Hope it gets here early in the week and hope we have good weather. I have a lot of fingers crossed.