Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mat-Su EAA Chili Feed Fly-in

4 posts in this topic

Posted

The Mat-Su Chapter is going to have the annual winter chili feed fly-in on Sat, March 19 at 1:00 at Ken Barnes hangar on Cottonwood Lake between Palmer and Wasilla. If anybody can make it I will post the Lat and Lon. If I slow down to just above stall speed is should take me about 5 min of flight time from Wolf Lake, unless the wind is blowing like it has been this week; I may never get there. lmao.gif

Posted

The Mat-Su Chapter is going to have the annual winter chili feed fly-in on Sat, March 19 at 1:00 at Ken Barnes hangar on Cottonwood Lake between Palmer and Wasilla. If anybody can make it I will post the Lat and Lon. If I slow down to just above stall speed is should take me about 5 min of flight time from Wolf Lake, unless the wind is blowing like it has been this week; I may never get there. lmao.gif

Sorry I missed this one. I had planned on being there, but as normal for me these days, life kinda got in the way.

How did it turn out? Did many folk attend it? More importantly when are we gonna have our next fly in. I think that with the warmer weather we can get more guys out flying around in our lil machines!

Posted

I hate to say it but the group wimped out. I tried to guilt trip them into going ahead with it but it didn't work. hammerhead.gif I know going through over two weeks of constant high wind is depressing but they cancelled it on Wed just when the outlook was shaping up. I ended up flying both Friday and Sat; visited Julie and Joey at Fish Creek Lake lodge and introduced them to some other friends. Flew out to Shell Lake lodge for a burger; it turned out to be a great weekend but no EAA chili feeddunno.gif .

Julie said they were planning an April pike fishing fly in at the lodge. I don't know how much longer I will be able to stay on skis though. It will depend on how fast Wolf lake starts to melt; I could make it off this weekend but I am on the hook to help my daughter and son-in-law with new kitchen flooring so we will see what next weekend is like. Jack wants to take a ride and see how the Avid+ flies so hopefully the weather will cooperate; then it will be time to get the old ABW's on. It sounds like you are already going back to wheels or are you going straight to floats?. I always hate to give up the skis but love the ABW's once the snow is gone so we have places to land.birthdayfriends.gif

Shall we plan a fly-in for April? I could get down your way now since I have the 40 hour restriction flown off; maybe I could talk Jack into coming also.

Posted

I hate to say it but the group wimped out. I tried to guilt trip them into going ahead with it but it didn't work. hammerhead.gif I know going through over two weeks of constant high wind is depressing but they cancelled it on Wed just when the outlook was shaping up. I ended up flying both Friday and Sat; visited Julie and Joey at Fish Creek Lake lodge and introduced them to some other friends. Flew out to Shell Lake lodge for a burger; it turned out to be a great weekend but no EAA chili feeddunno.gif .

Julie said they were planning an April pike fishing fly in at the lodge. I don't know how much longer I will be able to stay on skis though. It will depend on how fast Wolf lake starts to melt; I could make it off this weekend but I am on the hook to help my daughter and son-in-law with new kitchen flooring so we will see what next weekend is like. Jack wants to take a ride and see how the Avid+ flies so hopefully the weather will cooperate; then it will be time to get the old ABW's on. It sounds like you are already going back to wheels or are you going straight to floats?. I always hate to give up the skis but love the ABW's once the snow is gone so we have places to land.birthdayfriends.gif

Shall we plan a fly-in for April? I could get down your way now since I have the 40 hour restriction flown off; maybe I could talk Jack into coming also.

I would like to do an april fly in at the lodge, but I have lots of dates I have to be in Anchorage and Kenai for court stuff. I will check my schedule and see how it looks. I will probly go to wheels then floats later on. I need to see about getting some of the kitfox rims so I dont have to put my super heavy good years on and can run the nanking tires. I hate to give up the larger wheels, but I hate the extra weight hanging up there. I need to break down and get a set of the 26" ABW...