Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

request performance information

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I´m interested on an avid model C with rotax 582.

Now I have some questions at well versed pilots:

take off distance on meadow (not a perfekt airfield) solo/MTOW

take off distance above 50ft obstacle

landing distance

climb rate solo

climb rate with 2 persons and full tank

cruise speed

empty weight

Is there any difference in performanc between model C and MK IV? (both with 582)

Thanks a lot and nice greetings from Austria, Europe

Michael

Posted

I´m interested on an avid model C with rotax 582.

Now I have some questions at well versed pilots:

take off distance on meadow (not a perfekt airfield) solo/MTOW

take off distance above 50ft obstacle

landing distance

climb rate solo

climb rate with 2 persons and full tank

cruise speed

empty weight

Is there any difference in performanc between model C and MK IV? (both with 582)

Thanks a lot and nice greetings from Austria, Europe

Michael

Welcome aboard Michael!

This is kind of a loaded question. There are 3 different model "C" wing types. The speed wing, STOL wing and Heavy Hauler wing. Each leads to a different gross weight and different performance specs.

If you could tell us which one you are interested in then we can give you some info on it.

Posted

The model C has wing typ "standard"; I guess that should mean STOL-wing, because it´s definitely not speed or HH-wing.

empty weight 242kg (534lbs) / MTOW 400kg (882lbs)

The MK IV on whitch I´m also interested is equipped with heavy hauler wing.

empty 260kg (573lbs) / MTOW 450kg (992lbs)

both are with Rotax 582 and IVO 70"

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Michael

Posted

factory brochure

post-2-12992953174666_thumb.jpg

post-2-12992953853106_thumb.jpg

post-2-12992954557075_thumb.jpg

Posted

factory brochure

Was curios if your plane performs about like these specs or did they inflate the performance like everyone else does now days? I wish the prices were the same,I would buy everyone they could make,they even included the engine.Its cool looking at some of the old prices,we sell 25 horse outboards for more than what the 70 horse used to be.Wish our wages went up like prices do.Cool old brochures Leni. Randy

Posted

Was curios if your plane performs about like these specs or did they inflate the performance like everyone else does now days? I wish the prices were the same,I would buy everyone they could make,they even included the engine.Its cool looking at some of the old prices,we sell 25 horse outboards for more than what the 70 horse used to be.Wish our wages went up like prices do.Cool old brochures Leni. Randy

A buddies model A flys about like the specs. My HH is close to the specs (flight wise), but still way heavier than they spec out. One thing to think about or consider is that I have way bigger tires than stock. I bet if I put a set of 800 or 850s on it, it would be closer cause it would be 40 pounds lighter right off the bat with alot less drag. I am planning on speed farings for everything I can, and get the MK IV radiators so I dont have the drag of the belly radiator too.

:BC:

Posted

factory brochure

Any chance you could carefully rename the 2nd page (middle) to allow download it as a jpg file? Page 1 and 3 download fine, but pg 2 comes up as 'index' and won't download.

Thanks.

Dave

Posted

Any chance you could carefully rename the 2nd page (middle) to allow download it as a jpg file? Page 1 and 3 download fine, but pg 2 comes up as 'index' and won't download.

Thanks.

Dave

I will try but it is a jpg file and downloads fine for me on a couple different computers. Will see what I can do as soon as the movie I am making gets done redering.

:BC: