Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid flyer rigging bungee suspension

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello All,

I've got my Avid Flyer maintenance finally started. Now I wonder about how people actually set the bungee cord to the plane?

I bought 1/2" bungee cord. It seems to be quite sturdy thing.....

I read a thread from this site telling about required number of loops to get appropriate suspension to the landing gear. That was good thread but how do you

fasten bungees to the landing gear? In my plane (original setting?) some kind of clamps (looks aluminium?) has been used to squeeze cords together to form a loop in the ends of the cord.

Where to get those clamps or any suggestion to do the job by using other technique?

Any suggestion?

Regards,

Keijo

Posted

Hello All,

I've got my Avid Flyer maintenance finally started. Now I wonder about how people actually set the bungee cord to the plane?

I bought 1/2" bungee cord. It seems to be quite sturdy thing.....

I read a thread from this site telling about required number of loops to get appropriate suspension to the landing gear. That was good thread but how do you

fasten bungees to the landing gear? In my plane (original setting?) some kind of clamps (looks aluminium?) has been used to squeeze cords together to form a loop in the ends of the cord.

Where to get those clamps or any suggestion to do the job by using other technique?

Any suggestion?

Regards,

Keijo

You can also make the loops using .041 Safety wire to tie them. I have seen several different places before that showed how to do it. I will see if I can find some links for you to go to. If I cant find some, I will write up a how to later this evening when I bail outta the office.

BC.gif

Posted

You can also make the loops using .041 Safety wire to tie them. I have seen several different places before that showed how to do it. I will see if I can find some links for you to go to. If I cant find some, I will write up a how to later this evening when I bail outta the office.

BC.gif

That would be great.

Posted

Thank you, very much.

I just noticed that I ordered 1/2" bungee from Spruce instead of that 3/8"... I wonder if it fits and if so, would 6 loops per side be enough?

Regards,

Kekkuli

I use about 6 wraps of 1/2" in my Kitfox. Similar system...

Posted

I use about 6 wraps of 1/2" in my Kitfox. Similar system...

Ok. I'll try that. Thanks.