Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

IVO prop IFA troubles

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Well inthe last two months we have lost two of the electric motors on the IFA prop.  It appears the wires that run from the brushes to the hub are rubbing on the internal bolt that runs through the motor and grounding out.  The system comes with a breaker that has never popped.  I am overnighting my motor back to IVO today and will see what they come up with.  For you guys that have the IFA, you may want to pull the spinner off and then the back plate from the motor and take a look at the wires.  You dont have to remove the prop from the plane to see what I am talking.  It may take a little gun powder to get the spinner off though....

Posted

Does the prop return to low pitch (high rpm) when the fault occures or does it stay at the setting it was at when the failure occures?

I know nothing about the system....just wondering.

BTW....HOGDEN's Pyrodex RS is a good powder....smokeless too. 

Posted

the prop stays where you last had it...If I have it set for cruise, then on take off on floats I only turn about 5100 to 5300... truley sucks..  I will be using Ground adjustable this week till the new motor gets in.

Posted

Gunpowder works great for adjusting pitch of the blades on IVO . It also facilitates the takeoff performace enhancing it greatly . Makes big boom hurling aircraft skyward in vertical launch. If installed correctly you will soon have your own wings to fly with , no more worries about about fuel or prop hubs or 912 versus 660 turbo aftercooled cheaper than rotax engine .

Gotta love it .  :siterocks::beerchug::sharedoobie:

Posted

SAFETY NOTE:  This only works with PUSHER planes..dumbass...duhhhhhh