Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Which way is up on my sling seat??

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Well this is interesting. Today while measuring to order some seat foam from seatfoam.com I realized that one side of my sling seat was a bit wider and a bit longer on one end than the other. There's also a half circle cut out of one side and not the other. I am thinking that I been sitting on my seat upside down for the past two years!!!! :hammerhead:

How I had it in the airplane...the narrower shorter pad on the bottom and the seat belt cut out on the piece facing my back.

IMG_2052.jpg

If you flip it over the bigger pad is on the bottom and the seat belt hole is also on the bottom. It seems to me this is how it should go. I'm going to go back to the airport this weekend and put it back in the other way just to ensure it fits in okay that way. Does anyone have a pic or can you tell me which way your seat is? I'm completely redoing my seat with real aviation foam on the left side like Oregon Aero cushions and cheap foam on the right side to keep costs and weight down. It will also be reupholstered in some nice Navy Blue fabric to match my trim. The cheap yellow foam and 70's camper trailer couch cushion look has got to go.

Here's how I think it should be in the airplane.

IMG_2053.jpg

Posted

Well this is interesting. Today while measuring to order some seat foam from seatfoam.com I realized that one side of my sling seat was a bit wider and a bit longer on one end than the other. There's also a half circle cut out of one side and not the other. I am thinking that I been sitting on my seat upside down for the past two years!!!! :hammerhead:

How I had it in the airplane...the narrower shorter pad on the bottom and the seat belt cut out on the piece facing my back.

IMG_2052.jpg

If you flip it over the bigger pad is on the bottom and the seat belt hole is also on the bottom. It seems to me this is how it should go. I'm going to go back to the airport this weekend and put it back in the other way just to ensure it fits in okay that way. Does anyone have a pic or can you tell me which way your seat is? I'm completely redoing my seat with real aviation foam on the left side like Oregon Aero cushions and cheap foam on the right side to keep costs and weight down. It will also be reupholstered in some nice Navy Blue fabric to match my trim. The cheap yellow foam and 70's camper trailer couch cushion look has got to go.

Here's how I think it should be in the airplane.

IMG_2053.jpg

HI Joey:

My sling seat is installed the same as yours was with the short part being what you sit on.Pretty sure they all are set up that way.Why not phone Dean and get it right from the man how the seat is supposed to be in the plane? :)

Posted

HI Joey:

My sling seat is installed the same as yours was with the short part being what you sit on.Pretty sure they all are set up that way.Why not phone Dean and get it right from the man how the seat is supposed to be in the plane? :)

Unfortunately Dean doesn't remember much when it comes to little details like this. Brett at Airdale thought the small part went on the bottom too...hmmm maybe I didn't have it upside down after all. My other Avid buddy has his with the half circle hole on the bottom piece like the second picture I posted. So far it's 2 to 1...anymore votes? :beerchug:

Posted

hello, imo the larger side is going up to folow fuselage lines, wider at shoulders.

Posted

hello, imo the larger side is going up to folow fuselage lines, wider at shoulders.

That's the way the Kitfox seat cushion works, too...

Posted

you had it right to begin with mr. so does everyone else besides your buddy :lol:

:BC:

Posted

Well I just ended up having an upholster put my Confor foam into my seat. You should have seen the cheezy stuff that came out of there. The new foam is night and day difference. It feels more like a seat now and now a sling. It actually supports my lower back now. Not bad for $100 in foam which was 4 16x18 squares from seatfoam.com plus tax and shipping.