Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

pic of my avid

9 posts in this topic

Posted

post-136-13057666531277_thumb.jpgpost-136-13057665671261_thumb.jpgOk Gentleman here is a couple of pics of my plane, taken a while back when I flew into the local airport to do an altimeter adjustment.Got on the brakes good and hard to see I could stop on pavement.estimate my stopping distance at between 60/75 feet.Those matco brakes really can be made to work. ::)

Mike

Posted

post-136-13057666531277_thumb.jpgpost-136-13057665671261_thumb.jpgOk Gentleman here is a couple of pics of my plane, taken a while back when I flew into the local airport to do an altimeter adjustment.Got on the brakes good and hard to see I could stop on pavement.estimate my stopping distance at between 60/75 feet.Those matco brakes really can be made to work. rolleyes.gif

Mike

Good looking bird! I put your pedals in my plane, but had to use the old MC1 masters because I did not have time to modify the rudder bars and weld in the new tabs for the MC4D masters. They were a marked improvement on the old masters so I am really hoping for great things with the new masters!

:BC:

Posted

Where are you based out of? I thought i was the only Canuck on here :)

Cheers,

Posted

Good looking bird! I put your pedals in my plane, but had to use the old MC1 masters because I did not have time to modify the rudder bars and weld in the new tabs for the MC4D masters. They were a marked improvement on the old masters so I am really hoping for great things with the new masters!

:BC:

Thanks Leni!

Just rember when you do stick the mc-4d's on the plane to get the ram shaft right tight to the back of the rudder pedal....Your plane's rudder bars must have had that really narrow mc tab spacing. bummer.

Posted

Where are you based out of? I thought i was the only Canuck on here :)

Cheers,

Those pics were taken at Swift Current airport (CYYN)17 miles west of the dirt strip I fly out of.

Mike

Posted

I've flown in to Swift Current a time or two. Love the old WW2 BCATP hangars there. I use to work as an AME apprentice many years ago out of Kindersley and we'd go do annuals there and all over south western sask. If remember correctly there is someone with a yellow Avid that keeps it at YYN.

Are you by any chance planning on flying up to Corman Airpark for their annual fly in?

Posted

I've flown in to Swift Current a time or two. Love the old WW2 BCATP hangars there. I use to work as an AME apprentice many years ago out of Kindersley and we'd go do annuals there and all over south western sask. If remember correctly there is someone with a yellow Avid that keeps it at YYN.

Are you by any chance planning on flying up to Corman Airpark for their annual fly in?

The corman flyin is on my to do list of things that never seems to get done.And with the way the weather is arsing around again this year and getting me behind with seeding and other work.

That yellow avid belonged to my vet(cow doctor). Sold it a few years back.I lent him my promotional vids for the fox and avid and the next thing I know he had that plane.So where do you and your avid currently live?Would be nice to see a real deal avid 4 in the flesh.

Mike

Posted

I'm in Vermilion, AB. Maybe one day after spraying season is over we could split the distance and meet in Kindersley. I still head down there probably twice a year to visit my old AME boss and shoot the breeze. He's rebuilding a Cessna crane and i'd like to see he his progress this summer.

Posted

I'm in Vermilion, AB. Maybe one day after spraying season is over we could split the distance and meet in Kindersley. I still head down there probably twice a year to visit my old AME boss and shoot the breeze. He's rebuilding a Cessna crane and i'd like to see he his progress this summer.

Sounds like a down the road doable to me.