Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hanger rash on Flaperons

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I wish I had a camera, but my wife is the only one who understands enough about posting pictures anyhow. How much hanger rash can we get away with on the Avid Flaperons? I have a few slices that I think I could patch with epoxy and a couple of small dents, These came off a flying plane, but, I don't know what margin I can get away with, Any ideas?

Posted

Without pictures it is hard to say, but mine have a good bit of rash on them from gravel and a couple ventures off the runway . They were not gouged, but were beat up pretty good on the outboard tips. A lil body work and I flew them. No problems in 180 Hrs of flying since the rebuild.

:BC:

Posted

Well, I guess it is time for me to learn to post pictures, I have the fuselage at home and the wings at the hangar. I will try and get pictures of both today and show my progress, This pe that I flew in before I bought it, Scared the crap out of me when I washed it and the paint came off, so I figured a simple recover took the time to learn how to fly and now I am getting ready to put the cover on. I am 30 miles away from my hangar but at least Ihave had a garage to work in, now I am moving 50 miles north and buying a new house across the street from the school my wife works at but no garage yet. On the good side the closest airport with hangars available is only 15 miles away and the hangar rent is less than half $550 a year, and it still has a grass runway as well as a concrete to bad not to many people are flying, it is sad watching a cherokee six sit tied down outside for 10 years, the owner moves it every 3 or 4 to a different airport but that is the only time it flies.

Posted

I would kill for 550 a year hangar rent. That is what they want for a month here!

Posted

OK lets see if I can get some pictures posted.post-81-1310589391012_thumb.jpgpost-81-13105894531632_thumb.jpgpost-81-13105894919314_thumb.jpgpost-81-13105895676553_thumb.jpg

Posted

I would say a bit of epoxy and an aluminum patch over it with a few pop rivets should do the trick.

:BC:

Posted

I would say a bit of epoxy and an aluminum patch over it with a few pop rivets should do the trick.

BC.gif

Thanks, If I ask anyone around here they telle to go the expensive route.