Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

First Flight

7 posts in this topic

Posted

After much waiting, the Avid has finally flown!!!

It was a near calm evening in Vermilion yesterday and after a few test runs up and down runway, I poured the coals to the Avid and she lept off the ground and climbed like a rocket. It was most fun i've had flying in a long time. All that time spent inspecting, repairing, and painting has finally paid off. What a great feeling to fly a new plane for the first time and to do it solo. I feel a little like how a test pilot must feel after they hop in a new plane and take it skyward for the first time. I've included a couple pictures from last night.

post-263-13104856371459_thumb.jpg

post-263-13104856540772_thumb.jpg

Posted

It was a near calm evening in Vermilion yesterday and after a few test runs up and down runway, I poured the coals to the Avid and she lept off the ground and climbed like a rocket. It was most fun i've had flying in a long time. All that time spent inspecting, repairing, and painting has finally paid off. What a great feeling to fly a new plane for the first time and to do it solo. I feel a little like how a test pilot must feel after they hop in a new plane and take it skyward for the first time. I've included a couple pictures from last night.

well done

MicheL

Posted

I will never forget my first flights in the avid and kitfox. Like you, it was more fun flying than I had in a long time! :BC:

Posted

Congrats on getting it all fixed and flyin.First look at your pics I had to do a bit of a ddouble take. our planes look a lot alike. :P

Posted

Congrats on your first of many flights. I also know the feeling. Russ.

Posted

You are an inspiration to those of us still building, many happy flights to you.

Posted

That is great, I love that feeling! Congratulations. Now you won't get anything else done any time the weather is good lmao.gif .