Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello all,

I am a new member to the forums, but am very excited to see and share information. I live in the Denver, Colorado area. I have an Avid C that I bought about 9 months ago, but due to tinkering with it in the winter, and work circumstances during the spring and early summer,I am just now getting out to fly it. I flew for a few hours this Monday, and am looking forward to getting back out there again this weekend. I don't have a transponder, so I have to keep my plane and fly a bit far away, about an hours drive. So far it has been a very fun airplane and i keep the wings folded which has cut my hangar bill in half. My Avid has a Subaru EA-81 with an NSI reduction unit and a warp drive 3 blade prop. It seems to climb really well even in Denver. When I flew Monday the density altitude was nearly 7000 feet!

Looking forward to sharing information and picking the brains of you who probably know alot more about Avids than myself.

Posted

Welcome to the forum! Were kind of a small bunch but I think you'll find most of us have been there and done that vs some of the bigger forums where everyone has an opinion. There are several Soob powered Avid owners on here. I think you'll find this airplane will surprise you all the time. I recently had my 582 powered C model at 11,700 ft with 28 gallons of fuel and 100lbs of camping gear. I was certainly impressed!

IMG_2617.jpg

Posted

Welcome to the dark side! I say that cause I dont do much in the way of moderating over here, we are here to have fun, tell lies, and even spend a little bit of time helping others!

Glad you are wenjoying your Avid, and I think you will find that it just keeps impressing you with the performance and capabilities. As you get more comfortable with it, you will find that it is alot like a super cub... if you can fit it in it, it will fly it. I have loaded mine up to um.. yeah, gross weight and she just keeps on impressing me !

Remember, the only dumb question is the one you didn't ask and figured out the hard way!

:BC:

Posted

Welcome to the forum. I am flying a subie EA81 powered Avid+ with a 3 blade Warp Drive prop. It is great to have another member to exchange ideas and experiences with. This Forum has been a great help to me and a lot of fun to share in the travels of the rest of all the rest of the group! As you get to know your plane, tell us your observations. Most of my flying is pretty much at sea level so I like to hear how yours performs at higher elevations.