Leaving tomorrow about noon for OSH.

See you all there, right?

Lunch at the seaplane base on Thursday?

Posted

Leaving tomorrow about noon for OSH.

See you all there, right?

Lunch at the seaplane base on Thursday?

Two words: You Suck! :)

A buddy from my neck of the woods is on his way. He finished his Phase I about 2 days before he left in his brand new Rans S-6. He's stuck right now and has been battling heat and high winds the whole way. Pretty ballsy flying a brand new plane halfway across the country solo if you ask me but I land on hillsides so what do I know :)

Have fun Larry and for Gods sake take pictures for the rest of us poor bastards to Stare at!

Posted

Two words: You Suck! smile.gif

Have fun Larry and for Gods sake take pictures for the rest of us poor bastards to Stare at!

I must agree with Joey on this one!

:BC:

Posted

Had too much fun to take many pictures... Sorry. I will get some stuff up as I can.

Dave (the guy building the Kitfox-Avid bastard) brought home a plaque for "Outstanding Class B Custom Classic" for his 1949 Piper Clipper restoration.

I got a plaque for "Honorable Mention, Light-Sport Plane" for my yellow Kitfox IV (and a bent bungee truss...).

Now I'm going to pass out in my own, over air conditioned, extra comfy, bed.

Posted (edited)

Had too much fun to take many pictures... Sorry. I will get some stuff up as I can.

Dave (the guy building the Kitfox-Avid bastard) brought home a plaque for "Outstanding Class B Custom Classic" for his 1949 Piper Clipper restoration.

I got a plaque for "Honorable Mention, Light-Sport Plane" for my yellow Kitfox IV (and a bent bungee truss...).

Now I'm going to pass out in my own, over air conditioned, extra comfy, bed.

Looking forward to next years meeting. Congrats. on the award. The new gear from Airdale sure looked like it would have saved your truss. See ya next year. Russ.

Edited by Russ.

Posted

Looking forward to next years meeting. Congrats. on the award. The new gear from Airdale sure looked like it would have saved your truss. See ya next year. Russ.

What happened to Larry's Truss?

Posted

Congrats on your award Larry, great job.

Posted (edited)

A healthy handshake and a pat on the back to anyone who can identify this Motley Crew...

post-36-13144094361937_thumb.jpg

Photo taken at the Avid Lunch at Airventure.

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

A healthy handshake and a pat on the back to anyone who can identify this Motley Crew...

post-36-13144094361937_thumb.jpg

Photo taken at the Avid Lunch at Airventure.

Left to right, Lary, Russ, Doug, and Brett. Sitting red shirt ??. Russ.

Posted

Left to right, Lary, Russ, Doug, and Brett. Sitting red shirt ??. Russ.

Red shirt is the tough one: Dave. The guy that helped with my repairs and is currently building a Avid C/Kitfox IV hybrid - Avi-bond mark I.

Posted

Hi!

My girlfriend and I are planning to attend Airventure at Oshkosh this year in my Avid for the first time. Never been by car or plane. I live in Washington State and am wondering if anyone from near my neck of the woods has made the trip before and can provide any beta.

I am looking for general info on route selection, alternate routes, good airports, camping, courtesy cars and must see/do things along the way.

The furthest East I have flown previously was to Bozeman MT in my MKIV, which took me over the continental divide basically following I-90. So I am comfortable with that route as things get flat pretty quickly beyond Bozeman.

However, I know nothing about preferred routes south of I-90 as the furthest East I have flown more South is to Rigby ID just west of Yellowstone via Boise. So, I haven't crossed the divide in that area. Any advice on a good south (I don't mean southern US, I mean south of I-90) route over the Divide and good airports on the way is also welcome. If weather permits I would like to take slightly different routes to and from for the variety.

Is anyone from the Northwest in this group planning to fly there tis year?

All input welcome to this Oshkosh Virgin!

Many thanks!

Chris Bolkan