Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Runs great now....

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Cyl head went back on.., repaired muffler went back on (with brace)..., serviced the fluids..., and she fired right up and runs great.

I wonder how many of those " 912 running rough" complaints couldcan be traced to intake valve & seat deposits?

I decided to stay with the Mobile 1 full synthetic oil as I believe this episode was the result of fuel additives that were left on the tanks walls as the gas evaporated during its years of inactivity  and then worked their way back into solution and then the system over the 20+ hours of fresh gas since I have had it.

From some research I have done, a normal amount of additives will help keep valve deposits to a minimum but in excess it will result in just what my pictures indicate.

Google "intake valve deposits" if you wish to learn more.

I am also going to use something called "SEAFOAM" in the first 10 or so  gallons of gas to (hopefully) clean the other heads.

Anyone familiar with this product? I'm not.

steve

Posted

glad to hear you are back in the air! 

Some people swear by the seafoam, but I put it in a boat last year for winterization and was not to impressed...took forever to get he shit outa the tank this year, and when I pulled the filters it smelled like dead fish...the only thing I did different from previous years was seafoam in the tank..