Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

It's back in the air

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Got another 582 stuffed in the nose and the ole Avid is back in the air. Had a great day of flying with akflyerbob with his kitfox.

:BC:

post-2-13124886060579_thumb.jpg

post-2-13124886184395_thumb.jpg

Posted

I'll second that, I was real glad to be there.

Posted

Glad to see you up again.

Did you shelf the AC motor?

Posted

Glad to see you up again.

Did you shelf the AC motor?

Hey Larry,

Nope, not shelved, in fact it is on the bench, but it is going to require alot more time to get the exhaust etc, done. Dropping in another 582 was a quick was to get me back in the air.

Another wierd issue. Last winter I put a MK IV cowling on my plane. I had an issue with cooling so I cut the big lip off the bottom as it seemed to be deflecting the air over the belly mount radiator. It was overheating during the break in period on the ground so I said the hell with it I will take a turn around the pattern. She still got alot warmer than I wanted it to. I sent the kid home to grab my original "C" model cowling and all over heating issues went away :dunno: I am going to have to play with some baffling to see if I can get good airflow over the belly radiator, or break down and buy another set of in cowl radiators for the MK IV cowling.

Posted

Hey Larry,

Nope, not shelved, in fact it is on the bench, but it is going to require alot more time to get the exhaust etc, done. Dropping in another 582 was a quick was to get me back in the air.

Another wierd issue. Last winter I put a MK IV cowling on my plane. I had an issue with cooling so I cut the big lip off the bottom as it seemed to be deflecting the air over the belly mount radiator. It was overheating during the break in period on the ground so I said the hell with it I will take a turn around the pattern. She still got alot warmer than I wanted it to. I sent the kid home to grab my original "C" model cowling and all over heating issues went away :dunno: I am going to have to play with some baffling to see if I can get good airflow over the belly radiator, or break down and buy another set of in cowl radiators for the MK IV cowling.

Hey Lenni:

Regarding the cat motor, something to think about if you are not already doin it.Rather than make a a whole new engine mount to accomodate the cat, it might be possible to use a dyna smoothe 582 that avid created at the last, , just reconfigure the aluminum channels that bolt to the motor and then in turn to the mount.have to really check it out but it might work and save some time...