Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Skyraider Lifts Off

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I did about six takeoff and landings today on the Skyraider.Just did some crow hops got it out of ground effect and flew it down the runway.Next weekend I'll take it up into the pattern and get some good numbers on it.Wanted to do it today but the wind came up in a big way,could barely taxi the thing toward the end.Never dreamed a 582 would have this much power,after flyng the old Vagabond this thing feels like a little hotrod.The controls were a little more snappy than I thought they would be but I'll get used to itAbout half of my landings were ok but there was a couple that I dropped in pretty good,the bungee gear evidently works.Will send more pics when our crappy internet works right. Randy

post-104-13127621096288_thumb.jpg

Posted

I did about six takeoff and landings today on the Skyraider.Just did some crow hops got it out of ground effect and flew it down the runway.Next weekend I'll take it up into the pattern and get some good numbers on it.Wanted to do it today but the wind came up in a big way,could barely taxi the thing toward the end.Never dreamed a 582 would have this much power,after flyng the old Vagabond this thing feels like a little hotrod.The controls were a little more snappy than I thought they would be but I'll get used to itAbout half of my landings were ok but there was a couple that I dropped in pretty good,the bungee gear evidently works.Will send more pics when our crappy internet works right. Randy

Awsome. Way to go Randy!

Posted (edited)

Congrats Randy..

Edited by Avid67

Posted

About the only thing that comes close to feeling of your first flight in a plane that you built, is your first girl... but I still think the flight is more of a rush!

Congrats on safe first flight Randy!

:BC:

Posted

About the only thing that comes close to feeling of your first flight in a plane that you built, is your first girl... but I still think the flight is more of a rush!

Congrats on safe first flight Randy!

:BC:

When I look back on it I think your right................

Posted

Congrats!! That first flight is the most memorable feeling ever!

Posted

Congrats Randy I was in Orofino that day. Sure makes me miss flying up there being there in the truck.

Posted

Congrats Randy. Great feeling of accomplishment. Wishing you many happy flying hours. Russ. N844RS