Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Idaho roadtrip

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Well since Leni said he likes seeing pics of all types of adventures I thought I would post this up. I just made a whirlwind trip to Idaho to attend a funeral. It was a bad reason to go but it was nice to see a ton of family I had not seen in a while. We also spent a whole day on the quads and made a nice drive down to the River. I also flew my Align 450 Pro RC heli in a few cool places. Enjoy the pics.

IMG_2875-1.jpg

IMG_2877-1.jpg

IMG_3036-1.jpg

IMG_3017-2.jpg

IMG_3089-1.jpg

This is a lookout tower still in use. It's 100ft tall and sits on the highest peak around. It's manned all summer to look for smoke from fires started by lightning. Pretty cool job if you ask me.

IMG_2891-1.jpg

The old house I grew up in till I was about 12.

IMG_2896.jpg

IMG_2897.jpg

Town from the distance...population 400

IMG_2915.jpg

My Mom and I rooting over an old couch we found at one of my old partying spots

IMG_2928.jpg

IMG_2929-1.jpg

IMG_2934.jpg

My baby Sis and I with the parents at the funeral.

IMG_2954-1.jpg

Screwing off in the River...they had a late runoff that water was chilly!

IMG_3046.jpg

IMG_3084.jpg

Always gotta do the bridge while home. To get to this river it's 45 miles on a Gravel road. It's so beautiful down there and very little people.

The quality of this video kinda sucks but it sort of gives you an idea of how fast these little electric helis can move when you really open them up. My sis needs to learn how to film with a digi cam :rolleyes:

Posted

Nice pics Joey,Its a good thing Im not flying that RC Helicopter or it would end up as fish food. Is that lookout Horseshoe Lake Lookout and that small town in the background is that Pierce?Havent been back in that country for years.My Uncle used to work at the Potlatch JP mill when it was still there.Sorry you had to visit under the circumstances but its always nice to go home. Randy

Posted

Randy the lookout is Hemlock Look out. It's located about 14 miles from Pierce up the French Mt Road. Jaype was the lifeblood of that town for years. It shut down in 2000 and things have never been the same up there. Lots of people moved away. You got that airplane into the pattern yet??