Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

WANTED EFIS or EIS

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Looking to lighten up the panel in the plane. Anyone have an EFIS or EIS theyare looking to sell??

:BC:

Posted

Looking to lighten up the panel in the plane. Anyone have an EFIS or EIS theyare looking to sell??

I remember seeing a Grand Rapids EIS 2000 awhile back on Barnstormers.Dont know if its still there but a good place to start.Thats what I have in my Skyraider,its got a lot of info.I didnt get the fuel flow sensor but got pretty much everything else.I even got the outside air temp,that way you will know how bad your going to freeze your ass off if you have to set her down.Heres a pic of mine when I was building.Randy

post-104-13180404377277_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited)

I remember seeing a Grand Rapids EIS 2000 awhile back on Barnstormers.Dont know if its still there but a good place to start.Thats what I have in my Skyraider,its got a lot of info.I didnt get the fuel flow sensor but got pretty much everything else.I even got the outside air temp,that way you will know how bad your going to freeze your ass off if you have to set her down.Heres a pic of mine when I was building.Randy

Hi

I suppose EIS is "Engine Instrument system" ?

If yes, there is one ine the MGL catalog (MGL VELOCITY E1). It could check 4EGT, 4 CHT Oil pressure and Temp, RPM and Volts

it cost 300 $

On the picture the E1 is the one at the right of the speed gauge (badin ?)

tdb04.jpg

the first on the left is a fuel computer

the second one is the altimeter/VSI/AIR temp

the one on the right is the compass

and in front of the passenger it's a personal GPS

In the MGL catalog, ther is a mini Efis (cost 1150 $)

Edited by 4aplat

Posted

Hi

I suppose EIS is "Engine Instrument system" ?

If yes, there is one ine the MGL catalog (MGL VELOCITY E1). It could check 4EGT, 4 CHT Oil pressure and Temp, RPM and Volts

it cost 300 $

In the MGL catalog, ther is a mini Efis (cost 1150 $)

http://www.mglavionics.com/html/xtreme.html

I ahve been looking at this one and am pretty certain I want it! I could clear a bunch of old steam gauges out of my panel and save some weight, and probably get alot more accurate info. I am now torn between spending the time and money on the panel upgrade, or getting off my butt and getting the engine upgrade completed!

Posted

Leni,

I put the MGL E-1 and Flight-2 instruments in mine. They have an amazing number of functions so between the two of them and a slip/skid ball they give you about everything you need and more for a VFR plane. Extremely light and less cost than the full blown Enigma or others.

Posted

Leni,

I installed the MGL mini-extreme in my panel. I got power to it for the first time last night, WOW! Talk about pretty, like Christmas morning, color, clear, and nearly all the info you can ask for. I'll try to get some pictures when I have power to the radio and transponder.

Jack

Posted

I have a Blue Mt lite with gps new still n the boxEmail me