Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fare price for FWF package ?

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I know where I can get a FWF package with a 582 greyhead that needs a major, with about 600hrs on it. What would be a fair price for it? It is a local package not far from my place.

Posted

I know where I can get a FWF package with a 582 greyhead that needs a major, with about 600hrs on it. What would be a fair price for it? It is a local package not far from my place.

Paid $3500 for mine similar hours. Mount, cowl , radiator, gearbox, warp prop and all the other odds and ends. This was 5 years ago. The grey head has depreciated since then too.

Posted

What is the differance between a Grayhead vs a Bluehead? Joey, did you have Rotax Rick rebuild yours?

Posted

Well, when I run off the rest of my hours on my 503, I will be installing a 582. I made a deal and bought a FWF package with a 582 greyhead. The package came with a 582 greyhead with a 3 to 1,c gear box, engine mount, Matco 3 bladed carbon fiber prop, spinner,exhaust and brackets, oil tank, radiators, just about every thing to switch over. Should be a fun project.

Posted

Bandit yes Rotax Rick built my engine. You'll want to do the ceramic water seal mod on it for sure. The only other real difference is the water bypass through the head which if you run a thermostat you'll be fine without.