Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hard starting 912's?

11 posts in this topic

Posted

I would recommend a quick and simple inspection of the intake valves. It only takes about 3-4 minutes to remove a intake manifold and you will have a clear view of what's going on in there.

A little marvel mystery oil put inside will coat the valve and seat, and when you bring that cylinder up on the compression stroke you will see air bubbles leak from around the seat if valve deposits are an issue.

It is my understanding that the timing is advanced to 5 degrees BTDC below 900 rpm for starting purposes, so if the valve(s) ARE leaking, by the time the piston is in the firing position, allmost of the mixture will have been blown by the contaminated valve(s).

No buck...no Buck Rogers.

If I'm wrong correct me...... I won't claim you have a "chip on your shoulder". Ref. http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?t=33649&sid=277e7ff985ca31ce64698b7c49e06d5f

Posted

your wrong, you dont know shit, and it is possible you still have a chip on your shoulder...

crap I forgot my training allready..... I will take another shot at it....

It is quite possible that you may be mistaken and that your theory (a Hypothesis if I may) may not hold much water in a real world.  It is possible that you will need to go back and re-test you engine and then post up a computer graph showing the exact number of revolutions needed for both hot and cold start.  While you are at it, please post up compression numbers for each cylinder that correspond to the hot and cold start cycles.... or you can tell me to get bent, it worked for you and if I dont beleive you then go try it my own damn self...

I can tell it is going to be a long struggle for me to suppress my natural style and show my adapted style so's you yahoos dont think I have a tree on my shoulder...

:lol:

:beerchug:

Posted

I understand.

The cold air and isolation from the real United States does that to people.

steve

Posted

You want the proof?? You can't handle the proof ! :beerchug:

(open the attachment)

MOV00003.3gp

Posted

cant open the file ??? what program do you use to open it on your puter??

Posted

If I click on the link, QuickTime opens it for me.  I have Windows Vista, if that matters...don'tknow.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Posted

hmmm. still cant get it to open.. I will keep messing with it and figure it out.

Posted

I would guess you need the "QuickTime" media player installed. done that?

Posted

I would guess you need the "QuickTime" media player installed. done that?

DAmn I knew I was missing something lol.... nope.. I have it installed but maybe I need to update the codecs

Posted

yep, I had to update my quicktime player... looks like she fires right up?  was that a hot start?  I want a 4 stroke now... sounds better than my ole 582....

Posted

The engine had been started a few minutes earlier, but until I addressed the valve issue it still would still take a lot of cranking to get it to fire up.

The video was taken with my cell phone camera...hence the low quality.