Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

California Power Systems (CPS) sold to Aircraft Spruce & Specialty

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Saw this info posted on another site...

Dear CPS Customers;

As of November 4, 2011 California Power Systems has been sold to Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co. of Corona, CA. who will become the West Coast Rotax Service Center, an exclusive relationship that CPS has held since 1984.

We would like to thank the thousands of customers around the world that have made CPS their choice for Light Sport and Ultralight parts and service.

Every effort will be made to track and fulfill all orders placed with CPS thru Thursday, November 3, 2011.

Sincerely Yours,

Mike Stratman

CPS President

------------

For products and services contact:

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty

225 Airport Road

Corona, Ca 92880

Phone: 1-844-477-7823

www.aircraftspruce.com

Posted

awe WTF... I have ordered from both, ALOT but I always got better service from CPS. Hope our little market niche does not get lost in the corporate world of ASS :lol:

:BC:

Posted

awe WTF... I have ordered from both, ALOT but I always got better service from CPS. Hope our little market niche does not get lost in the corporate world of ASS :lol:

So how does one come to get one of those CPS catalogs that had all the great info in them?? Really would like to get hold of one.

Posted

So how does one come to get one of those CPS catalogs that had all the great info in them?? Really would like to get hold of one.

When I get back from Anchorage, I will take a look in my cabinet. I think I have a few of them. If not, I have ALOT of the articles in PDF form that I saved from the website that I can email you. If the info you wee refering to was the "proper care and feeding for your rotax" That mike wrote.

Posted

Yes ! Please have a look see...would be willing to purchase a hardcopy if you are willing to sell one. Good reading I hear...and never can anyone know enough....from one of my professors. Any chance you are into prospecting up there? We like to go out and run the highbanker a little now and then. I can keep a pan in the plane for checking new creek spots while camping in the future. I will hope that they get straightened out and get my plane to me soon.....

Thanks

Posted

Watch out ordering from These guys

I ordered two orders last week, it wont give shipping with the order, just when they ship.

Example of order is below. Both orders shipped the same day and could have been

combined but shipping was $32 + on each order

I had this problem with them before but not this bad

Qty Ship B/O Item Unit Price Total Price

10 10 0 15-04875 5/32" OIL INJECTION TUBING 0.790 7.90

1 1 0 15-04841 4 QUART OIL OR WATER RESERVIOR 28.950 28.95

8 0 8 15-04819 3/8" O.D. TYGON FUEL LINE 1.190 0.00

Subtotal: 36.85

Shipping: 32.37

Sales Tax: 0.00

Other Charges or Credits: 0.00

Total: 69.22

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted

AC Spruce has hosed me with that one before.. I put in an order online, and about 10 minutes later called them to add a couple things I had forgotten. a few years ago I had done the same thing with no issues... this last time, they would not let me ammend my order, so I had to put in another one... and pay double shipping on shit that was in a small box. Pisses me off when they can ship somehting out and fit it all in a priority mail box that cost 4.95 to ship...yet charge you 30 bucks for "handling"

Posted

Do any of you guys buy from Leading Edge Airfoils? Although I haven't bought a lot from them, the service has been good.

Dave

Posted (edited)

Do any of you guys buy from Leading Edge Airfoils? Although I haven't bought a lot from them, the service has been good.

Dave

They are "local" for me (4 hour drive) and I do all of my Rotax business with them. They are very knowledgeable and friendly to deal with. I deal with Lockwood if I need something that LEAF doesn't have in stock. They are my strong #2 choice.

I would highly recommend either of them over CPS since the buyout...

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

I see this is an older post but we have a few comments. I know that

Aircraft Spruce had some transitionary issues they are still perfecting,

so some small issues are bound to happen. I understand they weren't able

to retain Jeremy (the CPS tech) but have found a new guy they're quite happy with.

Personally I've had CPS loose orders on me, forget items I ordered, etc.

Unline the other individual in this thread, I've always been able to see WHERE

ACS has the item in stock in their online order system (unlike CPS ever did)

and I've had orders modified and even sent late with a simple phone call,

every time - and I'm prone to forget things too :)

Have no fear they are very proud to expand into the Rotax parts from my conversations

with my insider. They did not buy CPS out for a 'takeover and destroy' mindset,

it's more about expanding into Rotax and it was their only good way to do it.

Take care!

~CRAZED

Posted

Here is a link to many articles, not sure if these are the same as the ones in the catalogs.

http://www.800-airwolf.com/articles.htm

Paul

Posted

That link is pure gold!!!

Posted

I was the business broker that represented Mike Stratman on the sale of California Power Systems, for all my hard work I was cheated out of me earned commission.

While Mr Stratman enjoys retirement my legal bills keep escalating.

1. California Powers Systems - Caliornia Power System Breach of ...
    californiapowersystemsbreachofcontract.com

California Powers Systems cheat their business broker, breach of contract. California Power Systems has not paid their broker fees!

Posted

Ripped Me Off

Posted

Welcome to the forum Thomas.  Do you have any questions on Avids or Kitfoxes or just like the awesome side of light aviation?