Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to wait......

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Kit will be here in my shop in 5 days. How do you wait this out without driving everyone crazy? I guess I will just have to hurry up and wait some more. I think I have read everything known to man that is posted on the interweb for my reading and learning curve from the trials that others before me have remarked with these smaller craft. Thanks for the giant heads up on too many things to mention here on this forum alone! OK I will sweep and clean up again....and start contemplating a paint scheme.....now wheres that dust pan.............

Posted

Tree Top,

What kit are you getting? Bryce

Kit will be here in my shop in 5 days. How do you wait this out without driving everyone crazy? I guess I will just have to hurry up and wait some more. I think I have read everything known to man that is posted on the interweb for my reading and learning curve from the trials that others before me have remarked with these smaller craft. Thanks for the giant heads up on too many things to mention here on this forum alone! OK I will sweep and clean up again....and start contemplating a paint scheme.....now wheres that dust pan.............

Posted

Nothing worse than waiting! What kit, what engine, etc.. Give us some details on the project! Remember, we are here to hinder not to help :lol: just kidding. Ask away on the questions as there have been many trials and errors before you! No such thing as a stupid question... well... after reading some of the other discussions on the "other" forums that may not be a true statement :lmao:

Remember, a clean shop is a sure sign of lack of progress so I like to see messy shop pics! that means there is some shit happening and you more engrossed on the project than shop clean up (I am not the only one that does that am I) :dunno:

Above and beyond all, keep it fun! If your stuck on a part, move on and come back to it later, dont get all twisted up over something that seems overly difficult as you will find out later that it wasnt that hard, you were just not in the right frame of mind to deal with it at the time!

:BC:

Posted (edited)

Well I have ordered a new Ridgerunner near end of August....now paid in full, for over a month, and have been put off now for about a month after being told it was finished {The airframe}. Now the guy that makes the cowls for the company has developed personal health issues and has not finished the cowls on time I have been told. Stace has been a little lax about keeping me informed and I am becoming a bit concerned now. He was supposed to call me yesterday and let me know that he was going to deliver the kit along with another plane or box them up for shipment. It is not looking too good from my end as I see it. I was told I would have the plane by no later than the 25 Oct.....I just want to get started so I can fly it next season...some time. I have been reluctant about posting much information, but I think I have been a model customer....patient and has paid all claims due in full...no questions. Now me wants to get building. I understand that hardships can occur in anything, but in this economic time it is just good business to come through now days. I have even offered to accept the kit without a cowl and work out the difference. Just want to get started you see. I don't want to point fingers at folks or create problems for anyone.

"0" time 503 w/ C box 3:1 gearset...thinking of getting a Powerfin 3 blade...lower inertial mass and a decent reputation. I have given up to the suggestions of the 3 blade prop being smoother and less harsh on the airframe. I like that a lot....like adding life to an airplane.

Edited by Tree top pilot

Posted

Well I have ordered a new Ridgerunner near end of August....now paid in full, for over a month, and have been put off now for about a month after being told it was finished {The airframe}. Now the guy that makes the cowls for the company has developed personal health issues and has not finished the cowls on time I have been told. Stace has been a little lax about keeping me informed and I am becoming a bit concerned now. He was supposed to call me yesterday and let me know that he was going to deliver the kit along with another plane or box them up for shipment. It is not looking too good from my end as I see it. I was told I would have the plane by no later than the 25 Oct.....I just want to get started so I can fly it next season...some time. I have been reluctant about posting much information, but I think I have been a model customer....patient and has paid all claims due in full...no questions. Now me wants to get building. I understand that hardships can occur in anything, but in this economic time it is just good business to come through now days. I have even offered to accept the kit without a cowl and work out the difference. Just want to get started you see. I don't want to point fingers at folks or create problems for anyone.

"0" time 503 w/ C box 3:1 gearset...thinking of getting a Powerfin 3 blade...lower inertial mass and a decent reputation. I have given up to the suggestions of the 3 blade prop being smoother and less harsh on the airframe. I like that a lot....like adding life to an airplane.

I am not a very patient waiter either.. When I hand my money over I expect results and shipment confirmation numbers. That being said, It is pretty tough sometimes for manufactures to meat deadlines, especially small ones that dont have several hundred employees kicking out a 4 or 5 planes a day. The holidays really put a dampner on small business as we have to remember that they have families too.

I had alot of issues in the past with some of my suppliers for my business and that really put the squeeze on me being able to deliver to my customers on time. There is nothing I hate more than telling a customer that something will be shipped on XXX date and then having to call them and give them a sad story about how the stuff we had both paid for didnt show up and now they have to wait. I know the excitement that comes with a new project, and I dont want to be the guy that starts putting the buiolding fires out, there will plenty of life issues that will do that anyways.

Good luck, and I hope you get the kit SOOOOOOOON!

:BC:

Posted

It took me about 4 months to get my Skyraider but they shipped me what they had finished and then sent me the rest in several shipments.I picked the wings and fuse up in Caldwell Idaho and they shipped the rest.I heard that Ridgerunner has a good reputation so I dont think you will get burned,I would however demand shipment on what they do have finished just in case.I have the 3 blade Powerfin and it works well, my brother in law has one on his 503 and it works good also,his is a 2 blade.Good luck on your kit I think you will be fine,its just scary when you get excuses and you already forked out the money. Randy

Posted

Well....I think I am calling my attorney in the morning. Stace said last friday,25 November, that I would get a call a week later...possibly on Saturday that he would be leaving to deliver my kit and another plane. He said it had been long enough. I heard nothing all weekend and have not been able to make contact with anyone out there. Not sure what to make of it from here....I have passed up a few really good deals on flying aircraft....now gone. If anyone out in that area knows something...I would appreciate a heads up. And not taking my calls is not good with me.

Posted

Guess who just called me. Making the last of 2 cowlings and will come out of the mold tuesday I was told. A waiting I will be...should have for the weekend if no tother issues show up I was told. Fingers and toes crossed....hoping to get started soon........