Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pic of my brothers plane

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I took this pic of my brothers plane as viewed from my Koala, year before last, just before Airventure 2010. This spring, before putting it out for display, he repainted it, more gray) and added more graphics. In the pic my old camera took it looked much more blue than it really was. Don't know why if looked blue in his picture. It's a full scale F-16 which he built in his shop in his spare time.

Yesterday, we took off wings, elevators and vertical fin and put it away for the winter.

post-362-13212075540632_thumb.jpg

Posted

I took this pic of my brothers plane as viewed from my Koala, year before last, just before Airventure 2010. This spring, before putting it out for display, he repainted it, more gray) and added more graphics. In the pic my old camera took it looked much more blue than it really was. Don't know why if looked blue in his picture. It's a full scale F-16 which he built in his shop in his spare time.

Yesterday, we took off wings, elevators and vertical fin and put it away for the winter.

Now that is BAD ASS!! Very cool project, too bad it does not fly. What did he use for construction? Wood, aluminum, fiberglass??? more details and some close up pics would be awesome!

The Koala is the plane that got me looking into these lil birds way back when it first came out. There was a guy who was a dealer up here and I went for a ride in the Super Koala. I was hooked! Never did get one, but I sure wanted one.

:BC:

Posted

Surely can not fool AK!. It's wood and fiberglass. Full scale lawn ornament. You'd be surprised how many walk up to it, thinking it's real and asking how he got it there. You might imagine all the aircraft, passing over here, then all of a sudden doing circling maneuvers.

I'll have to see if I can get a more recent picture from him.

(Thanks for the fix.)

Posted

Now that is one cool lawn ornament I'm sure it would look good in christmas lights too.

Posted

Now that is BAD ASS!! Very cool project, too bad it does not fly. What did he use for construction? Wood, aluminum, fiberglass??? more details and some close up pics would be awesome!

The Koala is the plane that got me looking into these lil birds way back when it first came out. There was a guy who was a dealer up here and I went for a ride in the Super Koala. I was hooked! Never did get one, but I sure wanted one.

:BC:

I'll get back later with info. Busy!

post-362-13217331057271_thumb.jpg