Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hunting Montana

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Had a great time hunting Montana over the past couple of weeks. It's a pretty big state when you drive there from OR and start hunting around Miles City. We took advantage of their Block Management program that allows public hunting on private land but it took us to places in about a 200 mile radius. We ended up hunting most of he time on the Charles M. Russell NWR along the Mussell Shell River. It looked like a great place to have a plane with a lot of flood plain that you could land on but I was reading the NWR regulations and they are very restrictive on where you can land a float plane on the river/reservior. The didn't say anything about landing on wheels but I didn't see any GA airplanes below 10,000 AGL and very few at that. What a shame. I would probably be thrown in jail for doing what I get to do any and everyday with my airplane up here. Hunting was great though!

post-75-1321228361506_thumb.jpg

post-75-13212285387371_thumb.jpg

Posted

Sounds like a great time and NICE pics!

Lakes are freezing up and the lodge should be good to fly into next week... Just sayin... :lol:

:BC:

Posted

Sounds like a great time and NICE pics!

Lakes are freezing up and the lodge should be good to fly into next week... Just sayin... smilielol.gif

BC.gif

Leni,

I hear you. last weekend we had a lot of overflow with the new snow but now we are below 0 and the winds blew all of our great snow away. I will switch to skis since the lake will be frozen and I can launch from there even without snow but not sure it I will get it done before Thanksgiving. Are you in town on TG weekend? I have that off from Thursday on and could meet up with you out there. Winds are predicted to be high again this weekend so will try to get some snow machine repairs done on sled #2 since I probably can't fly.