Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

GPL Starter

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone ever used the GPL 90 degree starter?  I am bought one but have not installed it yet... seems like everyone would be going to it.  the rotax starter is now around 700.00 to replace the GPL is only 500 plus you can have your recoil for back up...That was my #1 reason to try it as it would suck to be in a remote area, and have the battery go dead when you have a clutch on the prop...

Posted

No but we will try it and you will have to kick my ass to get it back also lmfao. :lol::beerchug:

Posted

you need to get your ass to work...quit tuggin on it and get out the door...

Posted

Yep I agree he needs more classes or just stay awake while he is in them lol .  :hammerhead:

Posted

somebody just beggin for that ass whippin....I have allready forgotten what the class subject was...too much capt'n morgans I think.  :beerchug:

I am getting real antsy to get home and finnish my bird.. hopefully the weather sucks bad enough I wont be tempted to fly everyday..then I can check out the new starter.  hopefully it went through some design problems in the begining and they are now worked out... would piss me off if I went through what I did to actually get the damn thing then find out is it a total piece of shit...

Posted

well shite... YHesterday I pulled my engine to install the GPL starter... it wont fit.  I would have to move the engine mount and cowling forward about 4" for it to just bolt on, or cut he firewall and engine mounts and re-design the fuselage mounts.  I guess I will sell the GPL starter and take a raping for a new rotax starter....and hope to hell the battery never goes dead when I am out i nthe middle of nowhere... the price I think I am willing to pay for having the clutch on the prop...

anyone want a good deal on a new GPL starter :banghead: