Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Winter Flyout Plans

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey Leni,

What is your schedule looking like? I am literally 1/2 way on to skis and should be completed by this Thursday (if I can move after eating too much) or Friday. We need to figure out some times to meet either at the lodge or? Is anyone else in the Kenai group flying this winter?

Randy

Posted

Hey Randy,

I go back to work tuesday. I need a couple days to get the heater put back on the plane and drop the radiator down a lil. So I am looking at 3 weeks before I will be able to make it up there. My brother put his pacer on ski's yesterday and I think Bob will have his on ski's soon too!

:BC:

Posted

Hey Randy,

I go back to work tuesday. I need a couple days to get the heater put back on the plane and drop the radiator down a lil. So I am looking at 3 weeks before I will be able to make it up there. My brother put his pacer on ski's yesterday and I think Bob will have his on ski's soon too!

BC.gif

OK, let me know when you are back in town and keep the rest of the guys pumped to fly this winter. I got mine on skis on Friday and planned to fly Saturday but got sidetracked by snow machine repairs and the fog kind of made it iffy anyway. I noticed when I was switching out my TW to the ski TW that the mounting points on my tail ski had cracked so had to do some weld repairs. Those things really take a beating on the ice and frozen drifts; something to keep an eye on. I was just about one flight away from leaving it behind somewhere.

Posted

Hey Randy, Sorry I didnt get back to ya sooner on here. The day after I got home I got a call that one of my guys had to make an emergency trip home because his father was not expected to make the week... So I turned around and came right back to work. I should be home on the 10th if no one else gets sick on me :lol:

I was thinking about a run to the lodge but I am not sure if I will be taking the plane up there or riding snowmachines with my cousin from his place on Biglake. He wants to ride in to the lodge... At any rate, I will let you know if we are going to be headed up that way.

Posted

Hey Randy, Sorry I didnt get back to ya sooner on here. The day after I got home I got a call that one of my guys had to make an emergency trip home because his father was not expected to make the week... So I turned around and came right back to work. I should be home on the 10th if no one else gets sick on me smilielol.gif

I was thinking about a run to the lodge but I am not sure if I will be taking the plane up there or riding snowmachines with my cousin from his place on Biglake. He wants to ride in to the lodge... At any rate, I will let you know if we are going to be headed up that way.

BC.gif

Sounds good Leni let me know. Don't know if I could keep up with you pro riders on snow machines or if you let a polaris rider in the pack no_bashing.giflmao.gif

Posted

Sounds good Leni let me know. Don't know if I could keep up with you pro riders on snow machines or if you let a polaris rider in the pack no_bashing.giflmao.gif

There are a few novice riders going with us :lol: Plan is to Launch from Biglake on Saturday (1-14-12) morning one night at the lodge and come back Sunday sometime. Kind of a short trip, but should be fun anyway! I plan on seeing how many pike I can pull from the lake! Polaris riders are welcome anytime, they make my sled look good hahahahaha. Still working out getting gas flown in up there either Wednesday or Thursday so we dont have to pull a trailer load of gas in with us.

Posted

There are a few novice riders going with us smilielol.gif Plan is to Launch from Biglake on Saturday (1-14-12) morning one night at the lodge and come back Sunday sometime. Kind of a short trip, but should be fun anyway! I plan on seeing how many pike I can pull from the lake! Polaris riders are welcome anytime, they make my sled look good hahahahaha. Still working out getting gas flown in up there either Wednesday or Thursday so we dont have to pull a trailer load of gas in with us.

BC.gif

Leni,

It's gonna be cold; are you guys still going? Doesn't look like I am going to be able to ride since I had a full long week at work and didn't get any other home chores done but I will try to fly out and visit if I can catch you there.

Posted

Hey Leni, Glad I caught you guys out at the lodge before you left. Hope you had some good riding monday and a good trip out. Flight back was nice with a great sunset. Let me know when you are heading out that way again.

Posted

Hey Leni,

Are you planning to fly out for the Iron Dog this year? Let me know. Looks like a good one today; got to go make tracks in the foot of fresh snow tongue.gif

Posted

Hey Leni,

Are you planning to fly out for the Iron Dog this year? Let me know. Looks like a good one today; got to go make tracks in the foot of fresh snow tongue.gif

I would like to fly out for the ID this year for sure!

My brother is flying up to the lodge today to take my cousin in to get his 3 sleds that they left up there. I am still at work till the 7th.

Thanks again for giving Jen a ride back to Biglake, that was AWESOME timing! She enjoyed the flight very much!

Posted

Hey Leni,

It looks like it is comming up fast; weekend of Feb17th if I have it right. Do you have days you are you are planning to go out to the lodge and head home? Hope we can get some good weather; maybe get through the pass to McGrath if the weather is good enough... let me know your plans.