Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

HACman

4 posts in this topic

Posted

With the HACman installed and the valve turned to the RICH direction, my 582 blue head runs horrible below 3500 RPM and has a hard time transitioning to above 3500 RPM.

If I disconnect the HACman lines that go to the Bing overflow tubes the 582 idles and then transitions to higher RPM well.

I called HACman to confirm I had the system installed correctly.

Joey or anyone else with a HACman have any advice?

Thanks Herman

Posted

Hi Herman,

My guess is that it's really rich. When I start mine and idle to warm up, I usually lean out 5 or so turns out for smoother idle. Just be sure to enrichen before adding power. Good luck,Bryce

Posted

Hi Herman,

My guess is that it's really rich. When I start mine and idle to warm up, I usually lean out 5 or so turns out for smoother idle. Just be sure to enrichen before adding power. Good luck,Bryce

Hi BryceKat

Thanks for responding.

Assuming you have a 582, do your carbs have the stock #55 idle jets?

How many turns out are your idle mixture screws?

What is your idle RPM? My 582 idles smooth at 2500, but wish for 2000 RPM for shorter landing.

I ordered a RK 400 clutch.

Will the clutch change the way you deal with the HACman's tuning?

Are you using the #180 main jets that come with the HACman?

How does the 582 idle when warmed and the HACman turned to full rich as needed for take-off?

Thanks Herman

Posted

Hi BryceKat

Thanks for responding.

Assuming you have a 582, do your carbs have the stock #55 idle jets?

How many turns out are your idle mixture screws?

What is your idle RPM? My 582 idles smooth at 2500, but wish for 2000 RPM for shorter landing.

I ordered a RK 400 clutch.

Will the clutch change the way you deal with the HACman's tuning?

Are you using the #180 main jets that come with the HACman?

How does the 582 idle when warmed and the HACman turned to full rich as needed for take-off?

Thanks Herman

Herman,

Remember you still need to use the proper jetting for your base altitude or base range of altitude. The 180's that come with the HACman are like the 165's that come with the stock carbs. If you are flying from a higher base altitude than sea level you would need to jet properly for that base altitude or you are too rich at the full rich setting which is essentially the same as having no HACman in place since the valve is closed entirely. Otherwise you would need to lean out with the HACman at your base altitude unless you fly to a lower altitude than your base. That could limit your max altitude. I fly out of 6000 but can fly to an area close by that's just 3000. Most of the time I fly from 6000 up so I jet for about 5600 and that gives me good leaning capability at 13000 in our mountains. If I fly to the lower area I rejet for that flight.

Stephen