Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

To the lurkers

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey all you lurkers out there, I know there is a huge pool of guys that have alot of knowledge about these birds. Jump on in and post up here! We are good with all types of topics too from fishing to hunting to even flying and working on these lil birds. This place makes a great hang out to share pics and vids of flights, adventures etc.

The great part about the forum is if you are not interested in a topic, you dont have to click on it! It is not like the email days when we had to stay pretty much on topic so your email in box didnt get flooded. I am paying for unlimited server space so lets try and fill up the pages with pics and stories!

:BC:

Posted

I know I was fortunate as hell to come across this forum when I first bought my Skyraider kit.There is a ton of knowlege and first hand experience out there and it sure is nice to share that with new builders.Heres a pic of my plane at a grass strip up in N. Idaho,Theres always a bit of crosswind so its a little intimidating for tailwheel greenhorns such as myself but Im hanging in there.Randy

post-104-13233688720613_thumb.jpg

Posted

I know I was fortunate as hell to come across this forum when I first bought my Skyraider kit.There is a ton of knowlege and first hand experience out there and it sure is nice to share that with new builders.Heres a pic of my plane at a grass strip up in N. Idaho,Theres always a bit of crosswind so its a little intimidating for tailwheel greenhorns such as myself but Im hanging in there.Randy

Randy, your bird looks great! I would be thinking kinda hard about that single leaf tail spring though.... Its only a matter of time before you get to do some repairs on your rudder when she snaps off and twists up into the rudder. Well, thats based solely off others experiences with the single leaf spring. Keep a close eye on it at any rate!

The SkyRaider has a folding wing right? I have been thinking about building one similar to that so I can quick smacking my forehead on the flaperons when I am putting my wing covers on the bird. That and my flaperons are a lil beat up from dragging them through the alders on some tight strips. I know its only a mater of time before I leave one of them hanging in a tree on the side of a river bank.

Posted

Hey all you lurkers out there, I know there is a huge pool of guys that have alot of knowledge about these birds. Jump on in and post up here! We are good with all types of topics too from fishing to hunting to even flying and working on these lil birds. This place makes a great hang out to share pics and vids of flights, adventures etc.

The great part about the forum is if you are not interested in a topic, you dont have to click on it! It is not like the email days when we had to stay pretty much on topic so your email in box didnt get flooded. I am paying for unlimited server space so lets try and fill up the pages with pics and stories!

Hey Leni,

Remind some of us how to publish the thumbnail and then have it come out to the right size. (Viewable)

Thanks,Bill

Posted

Hey Leni,

Remind some of us how to publish the thumbnail and then have it come out to the right size. (Viewable)

Thanks,Bill

just hit the click to attach file button right under the box your typing in and then upload your photo. The software will show a thumbnail in your post, but when you click it it will open up full size.

Posted

Hey Leni,

Thanks,Bill

Bill-

Leni describes how to download pics and attach pics to your post. When one clicks on your pic thumbnail it will open a full size version that is dependent on the original size and resolution of the pic as originally saved on your computer. That is why some pictures open up to such gargantuan size that you actually have to scroll around and can only see a small section of the pic at a time. Some forum software automatically pics downloaded to post, this one does not (which I strongly prefer), so the solution is to resize the pic before you download and attach it to your post here. How to do that depends on what Windows OS (operating system) you have. Go to your Pictures Folder > hover your cursor over a photo thumbnail > right click. If you have an image resizer program already installed, it should show on the short-cut menu that pops up. If nothing shows up and you have Microsoft XP, Google and download Microsoft Powertoys Image Resizer, install it. Once installed: Go to your Pictures Folder > hover your cursor over a photo thumbnail > right click > select Medium Size > OK. Or, you can even just right-click on one or more image files in Windows Explorer > choose the option and quickly resize the selected image(s) without opening an image editor (as pictured in my attachment below). This will create and place a copy of your original pic in the same Pictures Folder, resized to 800 x 600. Then, when you browse for and select a pic to attach to your post, just look for the photo in your Pic Folder with the [your file description].(Medium).jpg. One of the biggest requests by Vista users was for Microsoft to port the Windows XP's PowerToys to the newer operating system, but the company never did. Whether another resizer application has been made resident in the Windows Vista Premium or Professional, or in the Vista Media program(s), I don't know (still using XP on account of my biz program requirements here). I do recall there were several free open source resizer programs written for Vista to mimic the XP PowerToy... Google is your friend.

Hope that helps,

Doug

post-53-13234500546994_thumb.png

Posted

Bill-

Leni describes how to download pics and attach pics to your post. When one clicks on your pic thumbnail it will open a full size version that is dependent on the original size and resolution of the pic as originally saved on your computer. That is why some pictures open up to such gargantuan size that you actually have to scroll around and can only see a small section of the pic at a time. Some forum software automatically pics downloaded to post, this one does not (which I strongly prefer), so the solution is to resize the pic before you download and attach it to your post here. How to do that depends on what Windows OS (operating system) you have. Go to your Pictures Folder > hover your cursor over a photo thumbnail > right click. If you have an image resizer program already installed, it should show on the short-cut menu that pops up. If nothing shows up and you have Microsoft XP, Google and download Microsoft Powertoys Image Resizer, install it. Once installed: Go to your Pictures Folder > hover your cursor over a photo thumbnail > right click > select Medium Size > OK. Or, you can even just right-click on one or more image files in Windows Explorer > choose the option and quickly resize the selected image(s) without opening an image editor (as pictured in my attachment below). This will create and place a copy of your original pic in the same Pictures Folder, resized to 800 x 600. Then, when you browse for and select a pic to attach to your post, just look for the photo in your Pic Folder with the [your file description].(Medium).jpg. One of the biggest requests by Vista users was for Microsoft to port the Windows XP's PowerToys to the newer operating system, but the company never did. Whether another resizer application has been made resident in the Windows Vista Premium or Professional, or in the Vista Media program(s), I don't know (still using XP on account of my biz program requirements here). I do recall there were several free open source resizer programs written for Vista to mimic the XP PowerToy... Google is your friend.

Hope that helps,

Doug

I'm leaving your answer because that was exactly what I was looking for. I hope others find your answer very helpful so we can help Leni fill the server with pics and vids. I too use XP so I'll get the program you suggested.

Thanks all

Posted (edited)

Great explaination Doug, I couldn't figure it out either. Heres a couple pictures of my kitfox in late october if I did all the right steps :beerchug: Doug I received the 3 piece kitfox 5 cowl from Chris for the fat avid, what a great guy. It looks like my avid will be getting even fatter, the cowling is about 6" wider at the firewall(lots of room under there for the soob) but I think I can make it work.We just finished fabing up some brake pedals so now we can work on windsheild ,firewall etc.and get a better idea how its going to work out. I post a picture if we get looking ok.

Thanks again guys for the great site

Willis

post-282-1323492279264_thumb.jpg

post-282-13234923088768_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marshawk

Posted

If you guys want, I can set it up so it will show the pics at 800X600 max. It is just a few clicks of the button for me. I like the big pics but I know some of you guys are still on dial up so the big pics probly take forever to load up for you guys..

Let me know, majority rules :lol:

Posted

I'm leaving your answer because that was exactly what I was looking for. I hope others find your answer very helpful so we can help Leni fill the server with pics and vids. I too use XP so I'll get the program you suggested.

Thanks all

Once you get the program installed and have run through the steps to resize a pic a few times, you'll realize it goes pretty quick.

Now lets see some a bunch of those favorite pics you got stored away! :)

Posted

Those pictures are great Willis. A nice looking KF and I love those air to air shots.

Leni, I am still on dial up so the smaller pics are the only ones I can reasonably open. I like them smaller but I know I am using acient technology. lam.gif

Posted

Willis- those are some real nice shots with the background colors on the hills. Your KF has a pretty distinctive paint scheme and colors too, I like it! Glad to hear Chris was able to hook you up with the cowl. The AvidFoxFlyer community benefits when folks choose to get involved and support others so I hope Leni's 'call to arms' helps flush a few of those lurkers out into the open, even if for nothing more than sharing a few pics and stories. :BC:

P.S. Leni- no max pic size default please!